SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tayla_edgar

Peace lilies with cold damage + frequent drooping

Tayla Edgar
6 years ago
Hey guys! I recently purchased a couple of peace lilies and I'm having some issues that I'm not sure how to address. To start with they were frost damaged on the way home from the store (along with the spider plant and pothos I purchased at the same time). I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but I guess that's what happens in Minnesota!
So they're sitting up in a warm spot away from the window, settling and recovering from the cold for a while before I prune off the dead leaves, and they start drooping. I water them and they perk right up again, so I figure it was just that and we're all good now, but then within a day or two they're drooping again. I didn't expect them to need more water for a week or so and the internet seems to concur, so I'm beginning to worry something else is wrong, or that it has something to do with the cold damage. Then I found something online saying that if your peace lily is needing daily watering it may need to be repotted and they are pretty crowded in there, so it could be that, but should I repot them now when they're already under stress from the cold damage or should I wait? And is it even that? I don't see and visible roots on the surface of the soil. But I watered them last night and the soil already feels dry this morning. So if anyone can answer what all is going on and how best to handle it if be very appreciative. Also any additional advice about the cold damaged pothos and spider plant would be welcome.
Here are some photos of the subjects in question, with bonus cold damaged spider. They aren't drooping right now because I just watered them last night and I don't have any pictures of them drooping, but they lay right down and dangle down over the top of the bookcase when they do.

Comments (11)