SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tecnico

Dr. Tecnico's Peace Lily experiment

tecnico
12 years ago

hello guys and gals : ) , just posting this starting post to get some concepts clear when the experiment start :)

1- get all the dirt-soil out of the roots , without damaging the roots

2- if the roots have rot roots , cut them

( should i cut them upon to the point where the roots are white or look healthy cutting out the damaged ones right ? )

3. divide the plant in two ???? : O

thats what i think Al recomended if im not wrong , but is there are any specific benefit for it besides that been apart the plant can feed better than competing with the other pups for the food ? and just wandering if i divide it , having it if so , less roots would'nt that affect on getting her feet on the medium in a more dificult way ?

4. have read that the mix should be pre-moisted before its planted so the roots can get on its way feeding fast , but does this apply to the gritty mix or the 5-1-1 , or both ?

5 . after planting should be left the PL in shade or partly bright window right ?

6. the plant should be feed with the fertilzer diluated

how much drops, tea spoon, per galon of water ?

and by the way should i first wet with water the plant ( through the medium ) and then when its throughly wet then feed it with fertilizer about how much 1 or 2 or 3 cups of diluated fertilizer ??????

7 . should i use the grity or the 5-1-1 for the PL ?

advantages one over the other in specific to the PL

so will be waiting your comments and advices : ) , thought of making clear some points and saying something about what happened in the last post " is X soil a good soil "

but that is the past , and the point is and was to make my PL the best looking one around : ) , of course with your help : )

Comments (53)