SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann_hylton

Flush Mount LED light spacing in dining area

Ann Hylton
6 years ago

We have a 15x 15 eat in kitchen area that connects to a kitchen (with breakfast bar) which is approximately 15 x 14. We have a beautiful view out the eat in kitchen window area (it is a wall of windows) and we are trying to minimize interruptions in the view and therefore have chosen surface mount lights instead of anything hanging down (example pendant or chandelier type light). I am struggling with whether we have too many lights. We were planning 6 in (or 4 inche) LED flush mount lights. This is a simplistic view of what has been planned. Thoughts? I keep thinking if it is too much, we can put them on a dimmer, but everyone who walks in and sees the electrical states how that is way too many lights, and I don't want it to look silly, but need it functional. This will probably be the main homework hub for our kids. Basically 15 lights in a 15 x 15 space (8 around where the dinner table will be; 7 in the walkway/hallway intermediate zone). The lights are spaced between 32" (about every other TJI- TJI is 16" on center), ceiling is 9 feet tall. We haven't finished electrical yet, so we can still make changes if needed. Thank you for any input.

Comments (7)