SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imacurvygrrl

Help with flush-mount or semi-flush mount light choice

ImaCurvyGrrl
12 years ago

Hi, I've been involved with the kitchen and new build forum, but this is the first time I've posted here for help. And I do need help with our new build. My decorating skills are, well, missing. :)

I'm trying to figure out what is going to be best in our hallways (upper and main levels) with regards to ceiling lights. We need to put 3 lights in each hallway, our ceilings are 9' high on both levels. I've found some fixtures I think I'll like, and they are available both in flush mount and semi-flush mount. My question is, how do I know which is going to be better for both looks and light? Both have the same 5 x 40watt bulbs, so it's really the "drop" or height that is the difference.

The flush mount says 9" high, the semi-flush mount says 16" high. The light fixture is drum shaped and has round crystal balls hanging under the bulb (but barely peeking out beneath the drum). The center fixture on both floors would be in a more "open" area, but the two end lights in the hallways would be less visible and be in slightly "darker" areas. The first floor where the middle light will be is right near the open foyer and u-shaped stairs (back to front setup), both of which have large chandeliers going in.

Long story LONG, I'm open to all thoughts. Even if it means mixing the flush and semi-flush on the two levels, or within each hallway.

Flush mount fixture

Semi-flush version

Thank you thank you!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES