SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpcilcsc

My live in Boydriend sleeps with his daughter in our room

jpcilcsc
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm a little weirded out and uncomfortable about my situation. I live with my boyfriend of 5 years who kicks me out of the room to have his daughter sleep with him. We are both divorced, I have a 9 year old boy and he has a 6 year old daughter. My son lives with us and his daughter spends the night on special occasions. My son had issues sleeping alone and I would tuck him in and lay down with him until he fell asleep every night when we first moved in, my boyfriend would get irritated as to why I wasn't in bed with him when comforting my son. It has now been a year and my son finally sleeps alone in bed. When my boyfriend has his daughter spend the night I have to sleep in my sons room because he sleeps with his daughter in ours, and to make things odd he closes their door once she falls asleep.

It botheres me that I get kicked out of my room and have to sleep in my sons after telling my son for a year that he needs to sleep alone like a big boy. And it weirds me out that he closes their door.

Ive brought it to his attention and he gets itritable and ignores me. It almost caused me to leave on one ocassion because he felt insulted that I felt weirded out by the fact that I have to leave the room and that he closes their door when we never close bedroom doors. He and I do when we're intimate but open it as soon as we are going to sleep. It makes me uncomfortable that he does with his kid and I'm having second thoughts of living with him now.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz