SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_6

work place rant (Long)

linda_6
6 years ago

Maybe someone can give me some good advice here. First of all, I've been with this company for over 25 years and this is the first time I'm experiencing a problem with my supervisor. There are only 4 of us in our department (one new co-worker and 2 suprvisors). The co-worker was hired a few months ago. After a few weeks my supervisor advised me to be careful what I say because this person is creating waves. I didn't seem to have a problem before this was told to me. So now I curtailed conversation. Now my supervisor gave me a bad review because she said I'm not a team player. I tried to explain that if the newbie had a question, I would answer but she never had any questions. In fact, there is not contact between us because our duties do not cross. We have separate responsibilities that do not require us to interact. So here I am the bad one. Plus she used to ok me working from home, but apparently the newbie must have said something, so now that is not allowed. Even though both supervisors told me it was ok at times. My super also said she told the newbie also when the weather is too bad, she can work from home also. When I was at home working, I received an email from the super telling me to either come back in to work or take a vacation day, because there will be no more working from home, which I did. The next day I found the newbie was home working. So I questioned the other supervisor and she very rudely told me it was none of my business and I was taking advantage of the situation. I didn't say anything except I just walked away. I didn't tell her that my super would email me saying since the other super was not coming in, to go ahead and work from home, but not to say anything. I'm very stressed out and not sure how to handle this problem. I really don't want to go to HR. Plus I mentioned in a previous note that the perfume really bothers me. My super was supposed to tell the newbie because her odor is very strong at times. I do have my fan on blowing her stink in her direction which there is a wall between us. I forgot to mentioned that after the New Year my super is going to move me and the newbie into the same cubicle so we can converse. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that. I'm 66 and really don't think I can find other employment that pays as well as what I'm making. I know my super is a very petty person. The person we had before was fired because the super did not like him, so she really made his life miserable, and she use to email me with her not so nice remarks. I know she's doing the same thing with this newbie, because sometimes I can them whispering in her cube. It's just funny how after the whispering is done, the perfume smell gets stronger.

Comments (34)