SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

What is normal spin on a Front Loader when it spins

a1an
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Figuered I'd start a new thread with a catchy title...

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/4971367/miele-4840-about-to-give-up-the-ghost?n=17

I've never really paid attention to how the drum looks like when it's rinses...

Still waiting for one more part.

I could not stand it no more, so I just buttoned it up ad-hoc, ran a quick rinse cycle with nothing in there, no leaks, no noise, spin look smooth and round...

Decided to do a load. Right now, on it's 1st rinse cycle, it found it's balance quick (was not errently spinning for what seemed like longer than usual like prior), and while the 1st rinse spin was short, no noise or heavier than normal vibrations.

I DID observe the drum moving a smigen more up/down than going round but maybe I'm just being overly cautious. Afterall, it is held in suspension with springs and there is some level of eccentricity as the drum spins.

Anyone care to share. Again, I have no idea what the behaviour is on a normal operating drum.....I never did really looked at it.

Sidenote - and maybe it's just me being cautious as well, but it felt like the rubber door seal was moving a bit too forward towards the glass port. It did not make contact but then again, I'm got a 3K Lumen light I'm shining at the drum right now, observering and taking wine notes

It's on it's 2nd rinse/spin. All the vibration is gone and the machine is rock solid smooth though ! I took the top off. Everything sorta looks normal when looking with the top cover removed. It's been a interesting experience. I now have a more basic grasp on the ins/outs of the mechanics of a washer..

EDIT - Update

Seems normal. I suppose it's just a little more eccentric in spin on the 1st rinse, where there is more water. Final rinse, is smooth as silk.

Comment