SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nankosciw

pull together my master bedroom / bath - no matchy-matchy

Nan
6 years ago

I recently moved into a condo and am trying to pull my bedroom together. I bought this lovely dresser and mirror (see picture from store) it is a creamy white. My duvet is a dark navy background with a turquoise and apple green design and a very small amount of orange. I have sheer white drapes. The green chair is now in the LR. In the winter I do bring in my brown wicker rocker from the outside that has a darker blue green cushion - not a match but it works with the bedspread. I like the way the bedspread colors flow with the outdoor cushions. So the navy, turqoise and apple green are good colors - I do have 2 throw pillow as orange accents. I need help pulling this all together.

1. I love the bedspread colors and design but am wondering if it is too much. Thought of getting either a white or navy quilt and putting and folding the duvet at the bottom.

2. I originally thought of painting the walls navy - the bedspread looks amazing against navy - really vibrant, but was talked out of it. They thought the room would be too dark. (the room is very large and has the huge siding door so it gets a lot of light.) They suggested I just paint the one wall behind the drapes. The rest of the walls are white - the same as the LR. Not thrilled with this. I think the creamy dresser looks off against the white walls so I want to paint the entire room a color (not a dark navy but not a barely there color either) - probably the blue or green.

3. I need to get a headboard. Would love to get a fabric one for comfort but what color - navy? or possibly the apple green? In the one picture the green is actually my sofa cushion - a sofa I no longer have. I know where I can get more fabric and could get a friend to help me make a headboard. or should I go with a metal bed?

4. And I need to get some nightstands - I am using hodgepodge tables and lamps right now from my old house just for function. I do have a small chest (the black one that goes with nothing but it a sturdy piece that holds a lot) It could be painted and the wooden sewing table in the far corner could also be painted. But what color! Otherwise I could buy chests that go with the dresser (the creamy white) but they are pricey AND I don't want a matchy - matchy look. But I do want it to look coordinated.

5. The is an attached small bathroom that needs to be remodeled. So I would do the same color scheme. Probably a white vanity and tile since the room is so small but do want some color in there so I would most likely continue the wall color there. Floor - white or do something that blends in with the rug more? I know the towels and rugs do not match. The turquoise are new to go with the bedspread, the rugs are from an old house and need to be replaced.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Deborah

Comment (1)