SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Refreshing my downsized master bedroom

weedyacres
9 years ago

***UPDATE: "after" photos at bottom****

Here's the master bedroom where we used to live.

We now live in a tiny 1920 worker's cottage and our bedroom is 11'x11'. We're going to be tackling this room over Thanksgiving weekend, and I need your help planning.

First, we'll be keeping the faux brown leather tufted bed and the nightstands and lamps. I'd like to stick with the off-white sheets and coverlet that we use now. Everything else is fair game, and I'm ready for some spikes of color. I'm feeling like aqua/turquoise and yellow, but could use some help evaluating and fleshing out the concept.

Here are a couple inspiration photos.

#1: I like the colors in this, plus it feels sophisticated even with the punches of bright color.

Transitional Bedroom by Newport General Contractors Cornerstone Construction

#2: Again, like the punches of color and how they contrast with the more soothing, sophisticated neutrals.

Transitional Bedroom by Edina Design-Build Firms Carl M. Hansen Companies

#3: The mix of colors here makes me happy.

Eclectic Bedroom by San Francisco Interior Designers & Decorators Story & Space - Interior Design and Color Guidance

#4: Though not a bedroom, I like the warm color combination here, and the sophisticated feel.

Traditional Dining Room by Orlando Architects & Building Designers H2o Design Studio

I like clean lines and uncluttered spaces. I prefer to add interest with textures more than with patterns. I go for an eclectic mix rather than matchy-matchy, bed-in-a-bag setup. I can sew whatever pillows, curtains, or bedding I want. And I need to keep it as budget as possible.

So, can you please help me put together something new that can work with the pieces I want to keep?

Here's one duvet cover I'm drawn to. Will it work as a starting point?

And while I'm at it, I'll throw in the floorplan so you can help me figure out the best arrangement. We've got just a queen bed and 2 21"x16" nightstands to go in the room; dressers go in the other bedroom, which we're calling our closet.

The 4' window overlooks the front porch (no privacy!) and the 3' window opens on the driveway.

And here's a photo of the room, showing the floor (which is now refinished) and windows:

Thanks in advance for your advice on wall color, how to do the punches, whether my color scheme will work, where to put the bed, what window treatments are best, and anything else you find pertinent.

This post was edited by weedyacres on Sat, Dec 20, 14 at 16:52

Comments (24)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH