SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

I really do need to get out more

Funkyart
6 years ago

Today is my nephew's wedding. I woke up early, showered and primped.. and then realized, I didn't know how to wear spanx. Pantyhose first (the internet says yes) or Spanx first. Who has to go to the internet to find out how to wear underthings??!!

Also, I still had not decided what to wear. The pantsuit was nixed due to the temperature but I still had 2 dress options. I was between pearls with a very tailored black dress that fits perrrrfectlly.. or a boho dress with my new jewelry. No lie, I tried each on at least 2 times.. it may have been three. In the end I went boho. I didn't want to wear such an elegant but staid office/funeral dress to such a joyous event.

Last minute call to best friend-- she came to my rescue and just dropped the perfect wrap to bring it all together (I have plenty of wraps --but none were quite right).

Now I am looking at the time and wondering if I can wet and redo my hair in the 45 min before my ride arrives. Nah.. it will be breezy so it's going to get mussed anyhow.

OK.. well at least I have time to try a different lipstick! And geez.. can I add a highlighter on top of my other makeup???!

This whole experience reminds me that I really do need to go to more dressy events. I am soooo out of practice!

Comments (41)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor