SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenstl

Kitchen Layout help 10x11

kenstl
6 years ago

We are going through a major remodel of our main living space and would like to do something fresh in our kitchen design, but feeling limited due to space and feel like we are jamming in as many cabinets as we can in most of our designs. The kitchen is 10 x 11 (10' side where the stove is located).

Project is including:

1. removal of popcorn ceilings in all of the spaces. ceiling height is 8' in kitchen, pitched in living room and over the kitchen table area.

2. had can lights installed in kitchen area (converting light over sink and island to cans).

3. refinishing hardwood floors. they are Bruce red oak floors that will be sanded and then finished in a gray tone. they are a lower grade so they will probably have a lot of color variation in tone.

I have attached 4 photos of our current layout, as well as a photo I found of what could go back in there, but it looks very crowded and traditional. I prefer the sink and stove to stay where they are currently located to cut down on costs. We could also do a built in on the wall outside of the kitchen (across from windows) if it would blend with the kitchen.

Open to all ideas, please help! I do know we want to expand the island, and include a lot of lower drawers vs cabinets.

Comments (24)