SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Mocha Zucchini Bread

annie1992
6 years ago

It's zucchini season and I don't like zoodles, and I've made Sol's zucchini pancakes several times, and now I have tomatoes I'll make that fresh gratin I like so well. I have a couple of batches of zucchini candy in the dehydrator, and haven't made zucchini bread yet this year, so it was time.

I'd been "saving" a recipe to try, a chocolate zucchini bread with chocolate chips and a bit of espresso, my kind of flavors. The only problem is that the recipe specifically said 9x5 pans, 2 of them. I used 9x5 pans and my zucchini bread is only this tall:

I TRY to always follow the recipe the first time, and so, in spite of my misgivings in noting the amounts of ingredients, I used that size pan. Next time I'll use the next smaller size and get a taller loaf!. I might actually follow the directions next time too, I was trying to simultaneously make zucchini bread, blanch corn for the freezer and make supper, LOL, so I missed the part about creaming the butter and sugar, adding the zucchini and then mixing in thirds into the dry ingredients. Yeah, didn't happen. I dumped everything into the bowl and stirred. Turned out fine, it's a quick bread. Good thing, it's not so fussy about how it's handled, LOL.

That little bit of espresso powder added a nice little undefinable flavor to the chocolate, and the mini chips I used weren't really noticeable, but added to the layers of chocolate. I was going to glaze it, but decided that wasn't necessary.

Gotta eat your veggies, you know.

Annie

Comments (13)