SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevesdigits

Anything New, over the last few years?

What variety has proven itself to your delight over a few seasons?

This is the 3rd or 4th year for me to have Yellow Jelly Bean tomatoes in the garden. I really like it.

For a couple seasons, Red Jelly Beans grew beside the yellow. Nope. It was mostly a health concern. Maybe I would have been okay with Red if I wasn't comparing it so closely with the Yellow. The Yellow's health compares well with any tomato variety I grow.

For over 10 years, both Sungold and SunSugar have been in my garden. Candy-like, both! At one time, I thought that SunSugar's superior resistance to splitting wasn't really the result of a tougher skin. Maybe, I was just hoping. Probably, I was a little frustrated with Sungold and losing so many of those cherries when they split. No, spitting out that SunSugar skin time after time (patooey) convinces me that it really is a little tuff! And, Sungold really does have more flavor.

With Yellow Jelly Beans, I don't get the idea that they are candy-like. They taste more like a tomato. That's okay. I like nice plants with nice fruit. But also, it resists splitting and the skin is easy to chew up.

I like Yellow Jelly Bean! I think that I have proven that ... to myself, anyway!

Steve

Comments (2)