SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polkadotty1992

Hope this doesn't double-post - Anderson engineered Casita blanca

Cindy C.
6 years ago

Sorry if this posts twice. I cannot find where my original post went through :(((( I am looking at multiple scenarios for a downstairs living area of approximately 1300 square feet (won't go through everything which I did in another post about the whole dilemma). Because what we have now with our 19-year old engineered wood looks somewhat "patched" together due to uneven sub-floor and some damage in one prominent area, we are looking at multiple options right now. One of which is to re-do the entire floor giving me the benefit of changing the entire color (never really like the color of the original, which has been here for 19 years but cannot be refinished - another story). Based on the fact my floors will have to be brought up to match the height in other rooms to make it ONE smooth and even floor, my sales person says I should not go with anything more than 3/8" or it will create problems with the front door. Based on that and other personal variables (color, traffic, etc.), he is recommending Anderson Casita blanca in Galleon color.

My concerns are about it being 3/8" (meaning I can never re-finish if something happens and it gets damaged or worn over the years, correct?), and the fact that the cost is less than $3.00 square foot for the product. I don't want something that is not going to be good quality or that gives me zero options if something happens to it. Thoughts on my concerns as well as the Anderson brand itself?

Comment