SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Molded tub/shower surrounds

Tmnca
6 years ago

We have an acrylic tub/shower in our current home in the second bathroom, our master we made into a glass and tile shower stall. I like the super easy maintenance of the smooth surround but I find many of them look ugly and too "molded" and shiny plastic. But I actually like the one we have it came with the home and I think it's American standard.

We are buying a new house and it has a 1.5 baths and the tub/shower is the hallway bathroom (master has a half bath... which we can't currently afford to change but in a few years might expand). The bathroom needs redoing its all in very rough shape and leaks, in fact we are repiping the house in copper (corroded 60s galvanized pipes).

Our contrator is recommendinng a metal metal tub and tile surround but I hate cleaning grout - and we could save a lot of money using a molded surround. Obviously tile is superior material etc but to have something liveable for now, and with all the other things to spend money on, we are really leaning toward a molded surround.

Can someone recommend good brands and how to select one that is decent quality?

Comments (9)