SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdkrhe64

Redecorated continued on.. on a happier note

Mary E
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I wanted to make a new post and leave my old one for my precious Sophie's memory.

For the past 3 weeks I have kept very busy. I completely changed my living room. Honestly, it's not going to be anyone's style. I know this. Most people probably prefer it the way it once was. But, looking back it kind of reminded me of a show room. I loved that everyone loved it. But it wasn't truly "me". Over the years I have struggled with my decorated style and I just love and appreciate so many. With all that being said I have decided my style is just eclectic. I like it all. I like a bit of vintage, antique, mid modern, boho, colorful, ect, ect, ect!

I love the warmth the room has now. I love that when I see something in a antique shop or at the flea market I don't say "I love it, but it doesn't match". I just get it and now I love everything in my LR and all the things that surround me.

The blue, hey it's a bit out there I know. I've wanted an accent wall for as long as I can remember! I got this paint on clearance as a mistint and I actually ran out of paint. It needs another coat. The color is a bit brighter than I had hoped for, so keep in mind I will be going about 2 shades darker with a true navy shade ASAP.

Speaking of the accent wall, also imagine it covered floor to ceiling with vintage picture frames. I am slowly collecting them over time. :)

The plants. If you remember my other post you will remember they were on an old dresser. I decided to turn that dresser into the entertainment center. I am still getting all different knobs for it and I will attach a photo of some I have already bought. :) 20 more to go! haha

With all of this being said, I feel like for the first time in a really long time my LR is me. It's all of the things I love. It's comfortable. It's not about what's trendy, in style, most popular or will get the most "likes". It's about what I love surrounding me when I get home. (Like the star for instance. I love stars and I also love "Star Wars"). And that feels pretty darn good. With that being said, here it is. :) It's not exactly how I want it (for example on the end table, I want the blue paint off of those candle holders, and their true gold color to shine). The red pillow also doesn't exactly match the color of the rug but I will find a vintage pillow in time that does!

***I would love some suggestions on curtains. These are some I had already, but I don't truly love them in this room. Would you do a cream and match the wall or go bold? Also keep in mind I love floor length curtains that puddle into the floor. BUT I have a kitten who will climb :|*** Check out photo below of the navy color I am going to try and get color matched for the accent wall, please.

Dresser turned entertainment center.

Knobs I found at Hobby Lobby and grabbed while on 50% off! Wishing now I would have gotten more. Hoping for another sale soon. :)

Navy color for accent wall:

Comments (16)