SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haname

What's Your Dryer, What's Your Dream Dryer? :)

Haname
6 years ago

What do you have? What do you like (and/or don't like) about it? If you could have your dream dryer, what would it be and why?

I'm enjoying reading the responses on the washer one and thought I'd start a dryer thread too. For a long time, for the most part, a dryer was a dryer was a dryer, but now you can get all sorts of useful features.

My current dryer is a 15 year old Kenmore Elite HE3 (the match for my washer). It has a decent menu of cycles and options, it senses how much moisture is in the load, and it has been reliable for the most part.

The only problem I've had with it is that the plastic handle broke twice. It lasted for years and then the handle broke. I replaced it with the OEM part and it promptly broke again. After that I found someone who made aluminum replacement handles for this. Problem solved.

But my dream dryer would have a stainless drum to eliminate static and reversing tumble to prevent tangled sheets. I might also like steam. The plumbing might be a pain but I know of at least one model that allows you to fill a reservoir with water so no water line is needed, but I'm a little unsure about the difference between a washer with steam and a dryer with steam. Would it be good to have both? If not both, which would be more useful? I'm hoping someone who has a steam feature on washer or dryer will chime in.

Comments (8)