SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Jully 2017 Week 1, General Garden and Harvest Talk

Good Morning! I cannot believe it is July already.

There's not much new to report from our garden since I largely stayed out of it over the weekend.

There's a lot of tomatoes to harvest this morning, so I plan to get out to the garden by 8 a.m. to do that. I expect it will feel hot and humid pretty early in the day, so doubt I'll last very long out there. It's just that time of the year.

I did notice yesterday that there were plentiful butterflies, bees, hummingbirds and birds in the garden, and that was good to see. Right now the sulphur butterflies are very abundant but there's others as well. Our wildflowers in the pastures have about given up in the heat/drought and are going to seed, but the garden is full of zinnias, petunias, salvias and many other flowers so the little flying creatures should have lots of choices left even without the pasture flowers.

Oh, and it rained. Not enough to close up the cracks in the ground and not enough to end the drought, but at least enough that I shouldn't have to water the garden for a few days. We've had 0.8" of rain so far in July but have escaped the hail damage, power outages and most of the wind damage that has plagued our county this weekend.

What's new with y'all?

Comments (120)