SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Week 5, May 2017, General Garden Talk

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Happy Monday, everyone.

Here's this week's new garden talk thread. Let the conversation begin!

I don't necessarily plan to work in the garden today as we have other plans, but I might find time to at least harvest tomatoes and peppers.

I'm thankful that rain fell this weekend so at least I don't have to worry about watering.

I've been worried because traffic at the hummingbird feeders has dropped drastically, almost to nothing, but then I walked through the yard and garden and realized that the trumpet creepers are blooming in 5 different locations around the yard, the honeysuckle is in bloom on the garden's entry arbor, and there's 5 or 6 kinds of salvia in bloom in the garden along with criunum lilies, daylilies and a gazillion other kinds of flowers, and the mimosa tree is blooming as well. So, considering all that, I'd be shocked if a hummingbird was skipping the flowers to visit the feeders. Once I realized that, then the abandoned feeders didn't bother me at all.

Every day or evening, for whatever reason, an occasional hummingbird sits on the electric line and watches me work in the garden. Perhaps, in their mind, I am just their garden slave, tending to their plants for them so they can feed in the garden. I only think that the garden is mine. They know that it is theirs.

Have a great day!

Dawn

Comments (111)