SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weirdcatlady

OT -- had a mouse in my grill. Advice?

MizLizzie
6 years ago

So, about a month ago I went out to scrub down and fire up my Weber Summit grill. And a critter jumped out. I screamed like a little girl, flung my scrubber at it, and ran back in the house. When the DH got home, I sent him out to assess the situation. A mother mouse had made a nest on the grates. He put it back together -- said I had knocked it apart, which I do not recall -- and she settled back in with her baby mice, and just blinked at him while they nursed. That did it. Husband has forbidden me to further disturb them, being soft-hearted as he is. But I feel they must've moved on by now and I'm trying to get up the courage to go lift the lid.

I really don't want to clean it and reuse it, to be honest, but it was a very expensive grill. If I disconnect the gas tank, remove the grates and bars to soak, then tip it over on its side, could I hose it out? Should I? How DOES one clean the inside of a grill? It is so black and nasty -- and that was before the mouse moved in.

What would you guys do? Part of me wants to put it on the craigslist curb alert, and move on with my life. Maybe invest in a $50 charcoal grill.

Comments (14)