SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
docmom_mn_zone_5

A Mouse Ate My Coleus!

docmom_gw
9 years ago

I had a great summer last year, growing coleus. So, this year I thought I'd get a head start and try growing a large variety from seed. I spent about $25 on seed from an online source, and last week I planted them and put them under lights in my basement and crossed my fingers. Incredibly, I got 100% germination, and I was absolutely tickled looking forward to all the fun foliage combinations I was going to get to play with. This morning, when I went down to admire my sprouts, I found every single plant decapitated. Every tiny leaf was gone. In addition, the soil in the containers had been dug into and tossed around. So, I immediately ran to set my mouse traps. When I got back downstairs and pulled back the clear plastic cover from the light set, there sat the furry culprit, staring right back at me from the shelving unit. Can you imagine the gall? Oh, well. I still have plenty of time to restart some coleus seeds in time for next spring's pots. I just hate that I wasted time, energy and money, and got cheated by a no-good free loader.

Martha

Comments (8)

Sponsored