SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

Obsessing on my new patio dining table.

I know it isn't a plant but bear with me. I had this metal frame of a 42" table sans glass. My son had broken it when we were doing roofing work at grandmas. So it didn't sell in the garage sale. I took it home and have had it being grown over by agarita and greenbriar out in the brush , forgotten for 15 years. I was at the Senior Thrift in Dripping and saw the UGLIEST plastic wicker table with a 51" table with glass on it. Inspiration stuck me silly and I paid the $15 and took it home , stripped the wicker off it . The frame was painted a flat black. I painted the top of the smaller table black and screwed the larger table ontop of it. They call this marrying furniture. I thought the grey green was boring. I wanted to give it a POP of color. Maybe New Mexican Blue, or lavender. I can obsess for hours about a color. Drive to Home depot get some chips and obsess some more.

So I sat down to think about color and nothing seemed right. I got the glass on and cleaned both sides and sat back down and this is what I saw.

A change of angle and wow. The grey green let the reflection take over and did not fight with it. Was analogous to the colors in the live oak.

Even when the sun lit the structure up it looked good.

My husband came out and sat on the other side of the table and loved his reflection of the buildings. I guess we have chosen our preferred side of the table. LOL Here is what he sees.

I even like how the innocuousness of the green makes the black edge float. Things are less busy.

It is strange how something new will change how you perceive your space. And if you let yourself look at things with open eyes and not preconceptions, your opinion changes. I can always paint it blue...later but right now, I am enjoying this and I don't have to do anything more to like it. I will take the lazy way out. Maybe , I should look at a celadon green. I am normally a bright color kind of person.

Call me crazy but I just love staring into my table.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida