SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

I'm obsessed with this table but need an affordable alternative!

juddgirl2
15 years ago

I've been searching Craigslist and Ebay for and antique pine farm table to use in my dining room. I have several in my home (both antique and reproduction) and most are the standard style with turned legs that I love and was thinking I'd use the same for my dining room. New or used, I didn't want to spend over $1000 or so.

Then I found this table on Restoration Hardware's site and fell in love, and nothing else compares. I've never been much for trestle style tables, but for some reason this one just seems perfect - both complementary to and different from my other tables. My reclaimed farm table in my eat-in kitchen is from Restoration Hardware, and I'm very happy with its quality and beauty, so I'm sure this table is just as pretty in person as it appears in the photo.

Of course, it's way out of my predetermined budget, so I'm wondering if I should scrimp and save for it or just get the standard farm table with turned legs (that I really do love, just have a few in my house already)? Do you think this table is worth 3500 or so (and probably shipping costs on top of that unless it's available in-store)?

Does anyone know where I could find a similar table that's more affordable?

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Hardware Reclaimed Trestle Table

Comments (65)

• nicole__
    15 years ago

juddgirl......yep it sold! and FAST! It had 4 old shield back upholstered chairs with it for $50!

• polly929
    15 years ago

juddgirl-
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear, they do have public warehouses all over the country, and there are some in California. Go back to their website and look for the locations.
    I am really happy with my farmhouse table I purchased from them, and you really can't beat the price.

• Related Discussions

I'm doing an 'alternative lawn' test.

Q

Comments (27)
    What is the name of the low clover with tiny yellow flowers? Not the kind with burrs. I need something for a packed down area under the tree swings where my kids play. I've got the areas between flagstone paths filled with elfin thyme, various mosses and some other tiny pretties, but in this larger area I'd sure like to do something more interesting than mondo grass to fill in the shady area until it meets the sunnier grassy areas. Where do you find clover seed? I want to try this. By the way, we're in the process of raising the height of our low chain link back fence. We're putting rebar in the ground and connecting it with twine, springs, found objects, garbage-picked stuff, etc. I killed the grass/weeds in the alley easement, and, once the "fence" is done, I'll plant climbing fruits and veggies in the easement and turn it into a 6' tall edible wall. I am so excited about this! Will post pictures as it comes along.
    ...See More

I'm hopelessly obsessed!

Q

Comments (8)
    Oh Happy Day!!! Of course we would have told you to buy it!! It totally had your name on it. How could you even think of walking away?? You would have kicked yourself all the way to Timbuktu and back if you didn't buy it. It's a chameleon, whatever decor you put around it will make it perfect for the season. Some greenery now and its winter, some fall leaves and its fall, some Easter grass and its Easter. Just plain and it is a pefect centerpiece. Merry Christmas to you, Merry Christmas to you!! In my family we actually purchase things we really want and then go "shopping" at each others house for gifts. That way the recipient gets something they really want, no returns after the holiday, and the recipient does not know what package it will be in. I know it is too practical for some people, but it works for us. Tis the season to be nice to yourself. Enjoy your new tureen. Way to go girl!! Candy
    ...See More

I'm in love....but need a suggestion

Q

Comments (81)
    hi bama, painting is almost done. the martha stewart sale glaze looks really beautiful. we start putting down the hardwood on saturday. still in an undecided state about light fixtures. i love the bagatelle pendant (although in silver finish) at link below but it is out of my price range. lowes has a pretty do-able knock off i will look at today. caera is still missing so no pics. have to just bite the bullet and buy a new one. Here is a link that might be useful: bagatelle pendant
    ...See More

Affordable alternative?

Q

Comments (5)
    Search for Seagrass Consoles but I don't think you will find any at a low price because they are so labor intensive. one kings lane Bellacor
    ...See More
  • bellaflora
    15 years ago

I swore I saw that Danby table and matching chairs on sale on our local CL recently. Unfortunately it's gone. You can post a "wanted" to see if they still have it.

There's another set (henredon table/ RL chairs) on CL right now but the vibes isn't the same as your RH table. It's rustic but more refined (formal). This is a good buy because their quality is very good. In fact, I'm lusting after this set right now. I visited it everyday LOL :-D I'm looking for a table for our breakfast area, and since we have small children, it would be impractical to have these beautiful furniture in there *sigh* OTW, I would have purchased that set. :-(

The rustic farm house table is very "in" right now with the new Belgian farm house Axel Vervoodt trend. All the farm table got snatched up so quickly. Every store I went to feature slipcover sofas & chairs, and bleached wood, white washed pine, lime oak. :-) I notice that RH is also on that bandwagon.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• remodelqueen
    15 years ago

Keep looking on Craigslist!!! I was looking for a trestle table for 2 months and finally found one that I LOVE. I am also in So. Cal, so I know how difficult it is to find this kind of table. I saw alot of oak trestle tables and they were usually around $500. I needed something with a darker finish- and boy did my constant searching pay off. I found exactly what I wanted- for $200!!!

I'll keep my eyes open for you (for one similar to the RH table), since I still frequent CL!!! I love finding deals :)

Good luck!

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

polly - I'll definitely check their site again to see if they have a local warehouse. Thanks!

bellaflora - you are much more successful at searching Craigslist than I am! I didn't come across that Henredon set in my searches, but it's gorgeous! I also still have a little one at home, though, as well as a teenage boy who's probably worse than the 5-year old when it comes to keeping things nice :-) That's what's great about having rough, old wood tables with just a waxed finish - the new dings and marks just add to the character and I can reapply the Briwax every few months or so. I do keep going back to look at that table though - so pretty!

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

juddgirl2: you know sometimes it's worth it to get what you love, especially if you are going to keep it for a while. Several things that are special a/b the RH table

(1) you love it
    (2) it is made of old wood & carries history w/ it. It's crafted by some artisan who obviously loves his work, and not by some farmer in China who's doing carpentry during down time.
    (3) you can keep it for a long time -- raising your children and then your grand children on it.
    (4) the style is classic and will be well loved by future generation even when you have passed on.

My friend has an old farm house table that was bought by her G/M. The table has little indentation (writings) where her father used to sit and do his homework. And it got little fork mark where her brother stabbed at it with his fork. They called it 'johny spot' because it's the only place on the table that got the fork marks. Now it got little indentations where her kids sit and do their homework. I really wish I have such a table, which is pretty much priceless. :-)

You can always wait for the table to go on sale, or check to see if they have it at the RH outlet in Camarillo. :-)
    I love that RH table too. It's too over scaled for our little house, otw I would be right there beside you. :-D

• redbazel
    15 years ago

Try inputting the info into google and see what you find. If you were up for a drive, this one is in Denver. Or you could call them and see how much shipping would be to So Ca.

Red

Here is a link that might be useful: RH Camden trestle table

• taliaferro
    15 years ago

Just in case you decide to go for the RH table, here's a coupon code for 10% off: HM0GP9 valid through 3/31/09.

• lisa_mocha
    15 years ago

I love the style of the RH trestle table!
    Would definitley be worth checking out a local craftsperson.
    I'm in Canada (ontario) and am thinking of a local shop that sells some beautiful tables similiar to RH style, but certainly not as much $$.

I think I'd struggle to pay $3500++ for a table but it is a wonderful piece!

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

red - thank you for the link. That's also a pretty table and I really like the leather chairs. When I did a nationwide Craigslist search, I noticed that Colorado seemed to have a lot more rustic tables available. Not sure I'm up for the drive though :-) and I'll probably end up with a rougher, waxed finish to complement my other furniture and avoid the inevitable scratches from my little one.

Talia - thanks so much for the coupon code! That would help with the 10% shipping costs if the table's not available in the store.

remodel and lisa - I actually sent a few emails to a 3 different places that offer custom reclaimed pine furniture and now await quotes on the same table 1-2 feet shorter. 2 are local in the So Cal area and one is in North Carolina but all their tables are made in England. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get the same look for less $$, so I can afford to buy chairs!

bella - you expressed exactly what I'm thinking (and thank you for the email). Some pieces just speak to me and make me happy whenever I see them in my home, and I know I'll keep them forever. I'm usually very thrifty though and buy much of my wood furniture from CL, because you can get such great deals. I just recently bought th antique pine table below on CL for only $180 and it's now one of my favorite pieces that will be passed down to my kids (hopefully one of them will share my love of old wood!). (Excuse the mess and lack of trim - we're in the middle of a major remodel and I'm still waiting for my new drywall, trim and hardwood floors to be installed.)

I'm with you on the size issue for the RH table though - I just used my tape measure to get an idea of how much space the extended 12' would be in my dining room and it's basically almost the entire length of the room! 9' would work though. If I can't have one made, I'll probably end up either checking the outlet in Camarillo or ordering one from RH.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Thanks so much for all your helpful advice! At least no one said, "Are you crazy girl for even considering such a horrid table!"

• funkyart
    15 years ago

juddgirl, I am also looking for the perfect rustic but elegant table with an interesting wood grain. I have found many-- but few in the price range I am comfortable with. The ones I have found that meet ALL my needs are too far away to look at and feel.. and I have been hesitant to leap.

Aidan Gray has one similar to the RH table for about the same price-- I love them both but they are too big for my room (and more than I want to spend). Here is one I have been considering.. are you open to a round table?

Here is a link that might be useful: Barreveld round reclaimed elm table

• goldgirl
    15 years ago

I thought of you when I happened upon this while searching for a dining room table. I'm not familiar with the manufacturer, so it might cost a fortune, but it's nice to look at :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Theodore Alexander table

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow - the Barraveld, Aidan Grey and Theodore Alexander tables are all gorgeous! Not sure they'd save me any money over the RH table, but wow! I'm so glad that in posting this thread I've realized so much more reclaimed table eye candy is out there than I knew of before :-)

Unfortunately, a round table just won't work in my long, narrow dining room. I'd like to get a buffet on one of the walls, and I'll probably just make it with a 42" wide table.

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

Hey juddgirl2: I found this on CL --- it's very close to what you are looking for. HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: CL table

• kellyeng
    15 years ago

I highly recommend looking for a local craftsman. I loved this table from Crate & Barrel but it was a little too small and I was concerned about the quality. So I just gave my guy a picture with my exact specs and couldn't be happier. For $1800 I have a solid wood table custom made. It is 8.5 x 4, hand scraped alder and the quality is amazing considering the low cost. I also had him make a matching china cabinet & hutch, master bed frame with nightstands and entertainment armoire.

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

Kelly: you know you can't get away w/ saying all that and not showing us a picture! :-D

• remodelqueen
    15 years ago

OMG Bella.... that is a close match! Great find! I would take that over the super high priced RH table :)

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, bella! That is a close match and I've already sent an email asking about the table.

I've also got a quote from a local place that specializes in antique European and custom-made reclaimed pine pieces. I'm probably looking at $1700-$1900 for a replica of the RH table, but 1-2 feet shorter, and I can choose what level of distressing I want from their assortment of distressed antique pine. Maybe I can get a discount if I order my hutch from them also.

kellyeng - I'd love to see a picture of your table.

• norasnews
    15 years ago

This is a local shop in suburban Chicago.

Maybe they deliver? Or, maybe they have someone they would recommend in California.. the price ranges from 1200 - 2200. I would not hesitate to call and ask if they have a contact out west....

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Plank Road

• sweeby
    15 years ago

I can see why you're obsessing --
    What a gorgeous table!

My take is that since you ARE obsessing, do not settle for anything less.
    Not that every lower-prices alternative will be 'less'.
    They may not be, and it's worth looking long and hard.
    You may find something equally wonderful - or better even.

But there are some possessions that will bring you real pleasure every day.
    Most things? No way! But some --
    And if this is one of them, and it's really better to you than enything else, and if you can afford it,
    then get it and enjoy it!

• bigdoglover
    15 years ago

That is a gorgeous perfectly rendered table, oh my goodness! I only got through a few of the replies and have to go do something now but wanted to say if you're going to have it duplicated, be very careful to get the same scale and details. I've had things made -- copied -- was no careful in this respect, and they were disappointing because the craftsman just did "his vision" of it, was not told in total detail to the nth of an inch, the proportions, the routings, etc. In at least three different cases I wished I'd just spent the money on the original piece. If you are really in love with that table just the way it looks (and I can totally understand that) it might be worth it to just bite the bullet and buy it.

Just my two cents.

• kellyeng
    15 years ago

Here is my table with the matching hutch & buffet:

BTW - That beautiful RH table will be very difficult to beat!

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

Kelly: I love your table. I've been looking forever for a similar table.

juddgirl: good luck w/ your quest for the perfect table! :-D that RH table is truly gorgeous but with custom, you can get other things to match and choose your own finish. Which is nice.

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

kelly - I love your table. It looks to be the perfect size, and I really like the black chair/waxed wood table combo. I have the same in my kitchen and never tire of the combination.

sweeby, bigdoglover and bellaflora - I'm going to keep my on the RH table and either wait for it to come down a bit in price and angle for a promotional discount or try to score a floor model after the fall season. I can wait!

I may still have one custom made after checking out a local place this week, depending on whether or not I believe they can duplicate the RH table - exactly. Even after seeing all the beautiful alternatives, I think I would like to have this exact table, or one just like it!

Thanks so much for your help and encouragement.

• janjan212
    15 years ago

I was looking for a trestle table and found this post during a search. I was quickly obsessed with the table too, until I measured and realized it was too big for my space. I happened to check my local CL and there was a RH Camden Trestle so we went to see it yesterday. I was determined I was going to buy it based on the pics on the RH website, but it had too many red tones for my room. It was also a glossier,slightly more formal piece than the reclaimed wood trestle but still very pretty. They bought it as a floor sample and it had quite a few scratches in the finish too, too many for my taste on the glossier finish. I was disappointed that I didn't get my table! I am curious though what you've decided to do! That is one gorgeous table! My local RH said they have a waiting list until about June and also let me know that after 4-30 they are having 100 bucks off each 500 bucks purchased.

As for me, I have to keep looking, I am going to check out the Pottery Barn trestle, is anyone familar with the quality? I've never purchased anything from PB.

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

janjan - thank you for the info on the upcoming RH promotion. I was hoping they'd repeat the promotion I think they had last fall ($100 off for every $400 purchased) but I'll settle for $600 off the total. If they do offer that after 4/30, I think I'll go ahead and take the plunge, especially since they're now back ordered until July in my area. Just have to save money on the chairs by searching CL for some parsons or ladderback chairs that I can slipcover!

The local dealers couldn't replicate the table exactly - either they used local reclaimed pine (which is much different than the English pine) or can't offer the extension leaves. It wasn't worth saving just a bit of money and I haven't seen any table I'd rather have than this one.

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with PB furniture. Good luck in your search though! I do know that with my family I won't buy a table with a glossy finish or veneers. Good thing I love rustic waxed wood - dents and scratches just add more character!

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

Juddgirl you mean to tell me with all the great antique shops in Atlanta you can't find a table similiar to the RH table?

Have you ever been to Scotts antique mall and flea market? You must of heard of it if you haven't been to it. That place is to die for but it ain't cheap, far from it. But they have the biggest selection of anything you can think of.

I bet you could find one there the flea market is the second largest one in the world, Paris being the first. So I've heard.

I think they hold them the second weekend of every month but check the internet be be sure.

Good luck....Jane

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

I bet you could find the table for under $1500. at Scotts. Maybe you could call them. Get the number before you make the trip if you don't live in Atlanta.

It's called Scotts Antique Markets
    I don't have the number or the address but it is 3 miles east of the Atlanta airport on i-285 at exit 40 (Jonesboro Rd.)

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

newdawn - I'm in California and the local antique stores seem to be extremely overpriced and lacking much selection. Thank you for the info though - the next time I visit my family in Georgia I'll be sure to check out Scotts!

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

Darn I thought I read you were from Georgia. So sorry, that will teach me for staying up so late. lol

At any rate, hope you find the perfect table.

• janjan212
    15 years ago

We just moved into a 3700 sq foot (from 2100 sq ft) cookie cutter house, smack dab in the middle of suburbia. Not sure an old salvaged wood farm style table would look right in it, but that is the look I love. Love the green factor, and the history too, not to mention my Mom and all of her side of the family is from Great Britian. BUT, 96" is about the largest I should get for the size of my space. Having one leaf for those holiday meals would be great but a table fixed at 108" would intrude into the living room space.

I have to prioritize, or wait things out awhile. This new house is over half empty and while I drool at the thought of filling it with all kinds of neat pieces, my wallet quivering in the corner at the mere thought of it all. I need formal living room & dining room furniture as well as family room, casual dining and guest room. Window coverings/treatments in about half the home. My son who is handicapped, has his own "bonus" space, that we will also be furnishing, but thank goodness he has his own money for that! We are also adding a large covered patio on the backside and I wanted to paint the kitchen cabinets and change out the granite! Yikes! Cha'Ching.

I've been watching Craigslist and don't seem to have the luck a lot of you have. I hope my luck changes because this house will be empty a long time if I have to pay retail for all these purchases!

Still hoping to hear about PB quality, specifically of the trestle table, if anyone knows. I want at least the 2 formal spaces as you come into the place to look great!

I hope you plan to take pictures when you get that table!!!

• abymas
    15 years ago

HAve you seen the marbella trestle table from Pottery barn?
    I know it has some veneers but it looks very similar to the one you like. The table that you like reminded me mexican rustic furniture (usually made of pine) and since you live in California, there should be some places.

Here is a link that might be useful: Table

• Ideefixe
    15 years ago

Please don't let your thinking be clouded by the romance of the catalogue writer's prose:

"Handcrafted of substantial 2-1/2"-thick reclaimed timbers from a distillery in Great Britain"

Restoration Hardware is a mass merchant. This isn't made by some guy in a cute apron with hand tools. It might be reclaimed wood, but that doesn't mean that wood's all that old, and steeped in some faux history.

The distillery is said in Great Britain, but where's the table made?

I like the table, but it's freaking massive. I can't imagine trying to move it, if I wanted to clean underneath.

When I entered my zip code, in Los Angeles, the site says it's not available until 7/4/2009.

Maybe RH is out looking for more old wood.

• taliaferro
    14 years ago

I purchased this table and it was delivered today. It's all that I expected it to be and more! I might, however, coat the tabletop with wax to make wiping it down easier.

If the OP is still interested in having a replica made locally, I would be happy to take photos and answer questions.

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

There is so much interest in this table because of it's beauty. I would love to see a picture of it and I think I speak for everyone especially Juddgirl. She just hasn't seen your post yet.

So if it wouldn't be too much trouble please post a picture.

Thanks so much and congratulations on your purchase.

.....Jane

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

talia - congratulations on your new table. Isn't it great when our online purchases ("in-person" sight unseen) exceed our expectations? I would LOVE to see pictures of your table.

Definitely use a wax to protect your unfinished wood tabletop. It probably came with a coat already applied but I have many waxed tables and usually apply a fresh coat of Briwax every 4-6 months for the tabletops since they get wiped down regularly. The legs I rarely if ever rewax, unless I want go lighter or darker, since they don't get much wear and tear. I like Light Brown and Tudor Brown (medium brown) for my pieces.

I did end up ordering a trestle table from a company in Maine that offers custom sizes and uses the reclaimed English pine. Their table is almost exactly the same as RH except it had less detail on the legs. However, they had so many inquiries about the RH table that they are now going to be making a "Chateau" trestle with added detail on the legs. I'll know what it looks like once they construct it and send me a picture! My table will be one foot shorter and 3" wider to better fit my dining room, and I ordered mine in the medium brown wax finish.

Again, please post photos! It would be great to see this gorgeous table that I've been lusting over in a real-life dining room.

• taliaferro
    14 years ago

Pictures below and a few comments.

The dimensions are 108" x 42". Juddgirl, I recall reading on your other thread that you believed the width was less than 42" - I just wanted to correct that. The table came with two 18" breadboards which would extend this table to 144" - way too big for my needs, so mine are stowed in the basement.

This table is very heavy and it's as big and dramatic as it looks in the photos. What I love most is the color tone of the timber. It is very GRAY.

It came in five pieces: tabletop, each pedestal and two stretchers - one for the base, and one just under the tabletop (to prevent sagging, I assume). Oh, plus the two extension pieces. It fit together like a puzzle.

I haven't set it in the room yet as I'm having the floors done and need to get rid of the old table & chairs first.
    Even though the table is displaced, I styled it with Still Life sculptures by KleinReid. This is the decorating forum after all!

So, here are the photos:

• threedgrad
    14 years ago

taliaferro,

your table is FABULOUS!!! And wow, I would love to see that set up as a 12' long table. Amazing! Are you going to be using the parsons chairs with this new table?

• taliaferro
    14 years ago

>>Are you going to be using the parsons chairs with this new table?

Nope. I'm listing those, in addition to the table (purchased from Ballard Designs years ago) on Craigslist.

For this table, I purchased antique printed German grain sacks which will be used to upholster Louis chairs. Like this:

{{!gwi}}

• threedgrad
    14 years ago

How did you come up with this combo? Very nice and most interesting.

• taliaferro
    14 years ago

Well, I was shopping for a table for my breakfast room, and in so doing decided that I wanted to de-formalize my dining room so that I could use it for projects - I really needed a huge spot to spread out my "stuff" and work on whatever whenever I had extra time without the necessity of having to put everything away before I was done. I knew the table had to be a workhorse but still look elegant if necessary.

The idea for the chairs was inspired by the blog willow decor which did a piece on antique grain sacks. The sacks I purchased already have the patina of age and usage (stains and charming darns) which means I won't have to fuss about the upholstery either. Even the frames of the chairs are distressed. Dings and dents blend right in!

The floor will be wide plank hardwood by Carlisle. I really can't go with something too rustic because I need to extend that flooring through the foyer, living room, study, and possibly the kitchen.

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh my - it's gorgeous! Love the color and the massive size of it! It's going to be wonderful in your house.

It is very gray, just like in the RH pictures. I wasn't sure if that was more of a lighting effect from the photo. Now that I see your pictures, I'm not so sure using any colored wax would be a good idea, since it might take away from the tones in the table. I wonder if there is a clear briwax that you could use instead? I think usually light brown Briwax is used on English pine, and it's not yellow, but there's definitely no gray in it.

Those chairs are fabulous. I was drawn to that style when I was looking for chairs but it didn't really suit my other decor. They really do complement the table - I'm beginning to think most chairs complement this table! The grain sacks will be perfect.

Thanks so much for posting pictures!

(Thanks for pointing out the width also - just checked the RH website and I must have gotten this table's dimensions confused with their reclaimed Gun Barrel table.)

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

talia - too strange, I just read your last post about using Carlisle floors. We just ordered our Carlisle wide-plank flooring last month. It's currently being milled and we should have it delivered within a few months. The boards will be varied widths, between 10-20" wide and we're using a Minwax stain.

We seem to have similar tastes! Can't wait to see your finished room.

• bellaflora
    14 years ago

talia- that's one amazing table for sure! I never thought of using those chairs w/ the table. One is very delicate while the other is very massive.

Can't wait to see the finished room!

• taliaferro
    14 years ago

Bellaflora, I sure hope the chairs work with the table! I experimented with several different chairs and concluded that the chairs must be almost completely upholstered to break up that massive expanse of wood.

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

OMG I've died and gone to antique Heaven. Your the lady with the antique german grain sack chairs and that gorgeous table.

I will have to come back later and look further.

.....Jane

• bellaflora
    14 years ago

taliafero: I think it would look great!! I like unexpected combination. Can't wait 'til the final result.

You make me want to toss everything I own and buy that table :-)

• lindanj_2008
    14 years ago

Juddgirl2, Would you mind sharing the name of the Maine company making your table?

Thanks.

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lindanj - the company is "Cottage Home" and they sell tables made from reclaimed English pine, as well as painted farm tables and furniture made out of barn wood. They also have a nice selection of hutches and such. I may end up purchasing a hutch from them also, but I need to see how the table and chairs work in my space first.

If you go to the link below and scroll down, you'll see one of their "Winston" trestles on the right side and the table just below that has the breadboard top that I ordered. They don't have a photo yet of the "Chateau" trestle base that I'm having built, but it's based on the RH table. It's nice because I was able to customize it and order an 8' table. I also ordered the 18" extension leaves, but those are extra.

My table is made from reclaimed wood and will be rough hewn, but won't have the weathered gray tones like the RH table. That's fine for me because my furnishings lean more towards the brown tones and I have my choice of a light, medium, or dark brown wax finish.

The company is in Maine but I was told that my table is being built in California. If you call, they are more than happy to answer any questions that you might have. They're even sending me a sample of the wood in the light brown wax.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cottage Home English pine tables

• amac
    14 years ago

Tal,

OMG! That table is AMAZING! Please send us photos when you have the room all put together. Good choice!

Best Wishes!