SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

For those of you who do hate Miracle Whip...

Lars
6 years ago

You can use MW plus Philips Milk of Magnesia in combination to give yourself a facial peel. I've also heard that MW can be used to stop the itching of mosquito bites, but I have not tried that, since I never have MW on hand. Some people just use Miracle Whip without the MoM as a facial. I have a feeling that mayonnaise might work as well, however, and I know that people in the past have used it on their hair as a conditioner.

BTW, I have not and will not read the thread that warned me not to read it, but I am aware that MW does have its uses.

There may be other unpalatable food items that can be repurposed as well. My sister used to make mini pizzas with Kraft Parmesan cheese (in the green box) for a 4-H demonstration project, and my brother discovered that these made excellent bait for crawdads. I bought some sweet Vermouth once and discovered that it was excellent for catching (and killing) fruit flies, when left out. It certainly was not drinkable, but I had bought it on the recommendation of Julia Child, to use in making a cocktail that was one part sweet Vermouth, one part regular Vermouth, and two parts gin or vodka. That was undrinkable as well, but Julia said that she served it to her boss when she made a meal for her that was steak and potatoes, without the potatoes.

Comments (17)