SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_porter99

Freaking out

rachel_porter99
6 years ago

My partner and I are buying a house together and blending our families after 1.5yrs. Have two boys each. We move in in 2 weeks but last night he completely freaked out. My eldest son (14) has adhd and finds change very difficult and is struggling with jealousy towards his kids. My partner gave my son the biggest room with ensure as he needs space and is the eldest. However yesterday rung and said if his kids didn't have that room we weren't moving. They are sharing a smaller bedroom (their choice to share aged 10 and 7) but they are only there 2 nights one week and 5 the next week. I thought this was unfair as that bedroom was a carrot for my son and his jealousy will go through the roof If suddenly his room is given to the very people he sees as a threat!
Next my partner says he can't live with my Son as sometimes he gets angry and if he ever fights with his kids then ne and my two boys have to move out. He is a teenager with adhd so a given really!
He said if he ever directs his anger at his kids that will be it and he won't tolerate it. I'm very worried my life will be spent in edge in case my Son gets angry (which of course is normal and will happen). He also said he can't be jealous but in a blended family that always right and is a matter of time while everyone gets used to it?

He's dropped this on me when I have given notice on my rental property and HAVE to be out in 2 weeks whereas if we pull out of the sale, he just gets to live in his house still.

Im feeling very panicked and just wondered if anyone has moved in together and blended families? Did you both get cold feet and freat out like we seem to be? Did it work or was it hell?

He also stated that hes put most of the money down so he shouldnt lose out if it doesnt work out. I am putting inheritance in at a later date bit this now foesnt seem a partnership if he is threatening me like this.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Comments (8)