SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barefootpotter

Plants i'd like to buy if i could find them locally

Pea
7 years ago

I have a few plants i would like to find and buy locally(i hate buying plants mail order sight unseen). If anyone has seen them in charlotte/lee/sarasota area nurseries let me know.

coral porterweed- i had this plant back before Hurricane charley and it attracted the hummers to it like a magnet. Its not the purple one which is great for butterflies but is a much larger plant with coral colored flowers that are a bit larger than the purple flowers.

turpentine mango- the mango from my childhood. Used to be plentiful around here but has been replaced by more commercial cultivars. I know i one time heard it called a hog mango as in it was only good as pig food.

White mexican heather- i used to see this at home depot but the last few years i have only been able to find the purple.

and if anyone knows of a nursery that sell a larger selections of mints than what you find at the box stores. I used have a lovely collection of mints but during hurricane charley the pots blew away and while the neighbor found some of the pots here and there the plants were long gone from inside them.

Comments (18)