SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
mbluetyphoon

Unusual Plants That Look Like Baby Goat Horns, Can't I.D. Them...

mbluetyphoon
15 years ago

Hi!

The other day I was shopping for plants. I had seen these houseplants that were the oddest things I've ever seen. The only way I can describe them is that they looked like groupings of horns, not unlike what you'd see on a young farm goat, popping out of the soil.

The plants were kept in these two 4" deep x 8" wide x 12" long bonsai pots. In one pot, there were 6-8 of these horns growing. Each of these "horns" were 1/2" to 5/8" in diameter at their bases. They were dark green for the most part and maybe lightly variegated with white. They varied in length from an inch to 4 inches in length. The longer they were (starting at 2 1/2 inches), the more they would slightly curve in the air coming out of the soil. The tips of these "horns" would not touch the soil. And, of course, they were just labeled "houseplant".

They weren't anything like a cactus. They really looked like goat horns growing out of the soil! And, even though they were in bonsai pots, I don't think they were bonsai. I got the impression that this was the best type of pot available used to showcase them. When I'd seen them (in August '07), they were very compact and neat appearing.

I had never seen anything like these plants before. I have tried googling their description, but to no avail.

If anyone would be able to identify this plant, I would appreciate it. I am so grateful for all of the advice and answers I have received in the past regarding my plant questions. Thank you for your time and attention to my message!

Sincerely,

mbluetyphoon

Comments (7)