SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nickel_kg

Is this okay for a baby present?

nickel_kg
7 years ago

We know a neighbor couple on a casual-friendly basis. Not much contact in the winter months, our connection is mostly gardening-based. I happened to see the woman arrive home a month ago and thought maybe she was pregnant. Via an indirect facebook link, realized that yes she was and baby had just arrived :-)

I'd like to acknowledge their blessed event, even though we were not informed of it directly. Back when my daughter was into beanie babies, I was enchanted by Ty's "pillow pals" line and bought several, thinking they'd make great shower gifts. They are machine washable and completely baby-safe. I still have 2 left: a tie-dye bear, and a white bunny rabbit. The bear has its Tye heart-shaped tag, the rabbit doesn't. The sewn-in tag clearly says "1997" on one and "1998" on the other.

Question: Is it okay for us to give them a present? If so, is there an appropriate way to let them know this is a never-been-played-with toy? I'm sure they'll read the tag, and I don't want them to think I'd pass off a used toy to their infant who will be chewing all over this.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments (27)