SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onebigmess_gw

Beyond Desperate, For "Presentable" Dishes

OneBigMess
11 years ago

Since we moved.. I've been fighting with our "newer" dishwasher for almost a year now.

I've Tried everything...

Cascade Gel- Seems to do the best job, what I'm using now. It leaves all our flatware clean, and keeps our glasses looking okay (they get cloudy every one in a while, and I have to wash them with vinegar)

Finish Gel- Okay at best.. leaves more food residue on everything, then the Cascade Gel did.

Cascade Powder- Left white spots on every plate, and left deposits on our glasses.

Finish Powder- Did a better job at cleaning, however, it left spots all over the plates and *silverware*, as well as leaving MORE residue on our glasses.

Finish Power Ball- Did the best job out of everything we've used, however, left marks on flatware and residue glasses.

Cascade "Complete" Pacs (With Dawn, not All-in-One)
Does a pretty good job, at cleaning our break fest (Eggs, or Oatmeal) that the Gel can never get off. However.. the two glasses I threw in, went from looking good, to cloudy-ish after the wash.

Cascade "Action Pacs" with Dawn
Did just as good of a job, as the complete pacs.. however, our glasses were still cloudy-ish looking, and after multiple washes, some of my silverware started looking spotted.

Honestly.. I really dislike powder, as I can open the door of our Kenmore "elite" (2007 model) and there will still be undissolved powder sitting in the detergent door, after the wash has been 30-40 minutes in. The Gel in my opinion, seems to dissolve faster and clean better, however, I can never throw anything with oatmeal or potatoe in, as it never comes clean.

The Pacs.. well, I feel better about the Cascade Pacs (instead of Finish Tablets), as I used them forever at our last house, and they always dissolved most of the time. Sometimes they'd leave a blueish gel in the dispenser from the Dawn., but they don't simply work anymore.

Well.. the old tub I had of them, did Work. However, I ran out of that batch a while ago.

I'm very curious.. what do you guys suggest? I think it's this Phosphate free thing, that's making the machine not work so well, and I think I can confirm such theory, because the "Institutional" Finish I brought home from our time share, is doing a much better job.

Also.. Cascade Complete. Many of you say, use 1-2 Tablespoons of the Powder, however I can't find the powder anywhere here. Just the Gel bottle.. is it anywhere as good, as the powder stuff?

Comments (23)