SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lhartnett

Help! Rugs have made me crazy

L H
7 years ago

I've totally over analyzed this and feel incapable of making a decision.

Project:

Redecorating open concept living,dining, kitchen area.

My goal: create a calm lighter space with pops of color; complimentary rugs; provide "drama" by varying grades of color or...

Furnishing: see first collage for Living Room. Dining room I have to work with a tiger wood round table. Left to purchase are the DR rug and chairs. Kitchen island is right next to the dining table and is charcoal blue with remainder of cabinets cream.

Do I go with a neutral rug and let the art work be the pops of color? Can the blue chairs be a pop of color? Do I add a little color to the rug? I've kind of ruled out super colorful rug because I think I'll tire of it or it will be dated quickly.

DR Chairs - I like the denim blue color but it also comes in grey. Should the chairs remain neutral? Arrgggghhhh. I don't trust any of my instincts any more. First collage is my living room - the only thing I haven't purchased is the cow pic.

I'd love your thoughts on what I've put here for DR rug and chair options OR any better ideas you may have. I can't think straight on this!

Neutral rugs I've considered

Rugs with some color I've considered

Lastly, here are the 3 chairs I've narrowed it down to. The blue speaks to me but that may just be my craving for pops of color.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting