SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathyinbothell

Need your help...this wall is driving me CRAZY!

cathyinbothell
13 years ago

We have been updating our 25 year old home with new windows, doors, molding...you name it. I have gotten rid of most everything on the walls.

I'm frozen in place by the fireplace wall in our small family room. I havent decorated any of the walls yet because I want to start with this one... You can see that there is a built in cherry cabinet next to a used brick fireplace that curves at the top. Then, there is a bit of wall to the left of the fireplace. Carpet is an oatmeal color...white vinyl windows. The whole space feels uneven to me and I can't figure out how to decorate it. I have a lot of brown going on and know I need to introduce color (just painted the walls from beige to medium tan)and the sofa and love seat are newer and custom and I wanted them to be "fun". I will be getting a new table as well. Have ordered window treatments (neutral light fabric verticals...not thrilled about them but the cats will break anything else..:)

The curve at the top of the fireplace throws me the most...I can't see just sticking a large picture up there. Any input you have for balancing this little wall space would be most helpful.

Cathy

Comments (23)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus