SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laughablemoments

Crunch time: Vaulted ceiling fan and light fixtures

laughablemoments
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We plan to start remodeling our living room in 8 days. I'm excited, but this hemmer hawer needs some final decisions made very soon. (My apologies for flooding the board with questions!)

Our living room is 15.5x 25. The ceiling will be vaulted so that it'll be just under 8' on the low side above the picture window to the right, and approximately 10' on the high side to the left. I absolutely want a ceiling fan. The question is whether I should do only one 60" ceiling fan with an integrated light I the center of the room, the ceiling fan with the integrated light plus a ceiling light fixture to either side, or should I I do two ceiling fans with a light of some sort in the middle of the room? There are currently 3 flush mounts, and they are adequate. (When the fixture on one end had dead bulbs, the other lights didn't adequately light that end of the room. Here's the current setup:

We're considering doing 3 wall sconces up high along the wall where the ceiling is tallest, sconce style tbd.

This is a 60" MinkaAire fan that has an unobtrusive light. I'm not sure which finish to choose yet. If I do 2 fans, we'll need smaller ones, I think, but I don't know exactly what size.

Comments (28)