SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodcrazy

what happened to the COMPACT but larger capacity washers FL washers?

woodcrazy
7 years ago

for the first time that i can remember, my circa 2008/09 frigidaire affinity fl washer made "tired" noises during a wash cycle. i reduced the rest of the loads and no further "tired" noises were heard.

i might of overloaded it- roughly 13-15 pounds (mostly towels/tshirts) but i've certainly done that before. its occasionally had trouble re balancing bulky items but otherwise has worked without issue washing 3-4 loads every 2 weeks- not a heavy user.

just in case, i looked online and was surprised to find there are no new fl options with similar capacity(3.5 cubic) in a compact frame with 24" or less depth. What happened? Why did their capacity decrease but dimensions remain the same?

needs: 24" depth or less, 120 volt, larger capacity ( queen size comforter/mattress pad). would like a accessible lint/pump cleanout in front. i usually wash in warm and cold, lightly soiled normal and delicate/hand/wool wash, first floor over wood.

maytag, whirlpool, electrolux and miele seems to be the only choices but their capacity is about 2.2 cubic. miele is out of my price range unless i found one used.... occasionally see them on craigslist.

Comment (1)