SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzieca_gw

I hope I'm making a good choice (FL washer)

suzieca
14 years ago

Hello,

Well, my old Maytag top loader (more than 10 yrs old)is starting to leak...minor leak & could probably be fixed BUT since it's so old and not energy efficient we decided to replace it.

Go to a local appliance store (have shopped there before)and the one she recommended was a F&P 3.7 cu ft. I hadn't done much research on that brand and when I looked at it all I saw was tons of plastic...top, sides, everything. She says they are great, blah, blah, blah...

I told her I wanted a larger capacity such as 4.7 or larger that I've seen in Bravo and others. Anyway, bottom line she priced the Bravo for us and it was reasonable plus we get a $200 rebate from our gas & electric co, but they didn't have one on the floor that I could LOOK at. So we went over to Lowe's just to see one. Well, of course Lowe's is going to have a sale this week and all Energy Star appliances are an additional 20% off plus free delivery, hook-up, and haul away the old one. That's gonna bring their price down to less than $450 plus tax for a Maytag Bravo MVWB400V. That's way less than the other place.

Is this a good selection for a TL washer? Because of space & location I need a TL. I was told the Bravo is basically the same technology as the F&P and I've read same here.

I think I need someone to hold my hand and tell me this is a decent TL washer and I'll be happy with it!

Thanks in advance for you advice!

Comments (18)