SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliaarugula

Bushy rose with nice foliage that produces decent cut flowers -IN indi

juliaarugula
7 years ago

I desperately need some roses for my yard in northern Indiana (Michiana area). I have a perfect sunny open area that gets enough water but not too much, and would like 3 plants, preferably 3 varieties. This is a new area of the country for me, so I honestly am not sure what varieties do well here. I'll ask for advice at some garden centers when they're open again for spring, but I thought I'd see if anyone had suggestions off the top of their heads. I like a rose bush with nice foliage. I'm sure I will cut flowers, but they don't have to last forever. Don't mind spraying, but probably won't be religious about it. In Texas, I grew Belinda's Dream, which suited my taste well. I liked that the plant looked pretty good even when not in bloom. I also liked that it was a heavy rebloomer. I like a fuller double rose. I kind of prefer any color to red, but I could deal with red if it was the best choice. I know there are endless varieties of roses -not really sure where to start and hoping for some direction. Thanks!

Comments (6)