SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigimagnolia

Feel like my husband is not acting like a husband

gigimagnolia
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We both have college age kids who go away to school. One of my husbands kids got caught with some liquor in his room, and tried to blame it on my child. I knew it was a lie because I had seen the liquor in his room before he claims my child gave it to him. First, my husband refused to believe me over his child. He kept telling me that my answer of having seen the liquor before was all too convenient, and then he began telling me I probably mixed my days up. I then heard this story about how his son was so concerned about his father potentially doubting him. I gave up trying to convince my husband because I could see he did not want to believe anything other than his child's innocence. As a result of this my child's father said he did not want our child staying home alone with the step sibs because he did not like that they tried to frame our daughter for doing something she did not do. I agree with my ex husband's feelings. This angers my husband. I pointed out to my husband that his children go out of their way to avoid my daughter. They will leave the room if she walks in. She truly is a sweet girl and has never been anything but kind to them, and she was very disappointed that she did not get the brothers she was excited to welcome into the family. So, I pointed out to my husband that there was no real reason for my daughter to be here with them as there is no relationship. Fast forward to today, the one son has an apartment by the beach, and my husband made some remark about him spending the summer there with his friends. It made sense that he would want to do so, and I remarked today that he will enjoy a nice summer there. My husband then said I want him to come home for the summer and find work here and live with us, and I remarked why, wouldn't he rather find work near the beach rather than being stuck in D.C. during the blazing summer? This then led to an angry outburst of "would't you just love that, you never want them here. " "He then started ranting about my ex being an a**hole for treating his children like lepers, and that my pure perfect daughter couldn't stand to be around them. It was all ugly and none of it true. My daughter has always been sweet and loving to my husband and his kids, my ex is downright friendly to my husband. My husband's ex is mean and vindictive and always says unkind things about me. His children are polite when he is around, but I have heard them talking about me unkindly. As I said his kids made no efforts to be friendly with my daughter. I just feel so alone, and I feel like I have so partner, no support. I also feel that he does not see the reality of things. Namely everyone on my side is nice and friendly, and everyone on his side is hostile and angry. I have never been anything but kind to his kids, I never try to force my ways upon them, or force them to include me in things. I only ask for politeness, and that we have dinners together a few times when they are here. Yet, my husband loves to depict me as the nasty, insecure, jealous monster. I don't feel like I have a partner. I know he will not support me if it involves his children.

Comments (3)