SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fizzyfroglegs

I don't think my husband likes me anymore

fizzyfroglegs
9 years ago

When we first started dating he always wanted to be around me. We talked and laughed and slept in bed together...

Now I don't feel like he likes me anymore. We rarely talk anymore. He says that since we live together, we have nothing to discuss.

He sleeps most nights on the couch. I confronted him about this before, and he said our mattress hurt his back. So we got a new one. I even let him pick it out so that he would be comfortable. He still slept on the couch. I confronted him once more, he said he has to fall sleep with the TV on. So we got a TV for the bedroom. Yet still, he sleeps on the couch. I don't know what to do.

We argue constantly about the dumbest things and I constantly feel like he would be happier without me. He claims that he loves me and I'm being ridiculous, and yet he sleeps on the couch, doesn't talk to me about anything not household related, and won't spend time with me.

We can't afford to go out much, so we stay home a lot. He watches his TV or plays Xbox or is on his phone. I watch TV or read in the bedroom. The only time we watch TV together is if I agree to watch something that he likes, he refuses to watch anything he doesn't like, yet he expects me to do the same if I want us to watch together. I feel like I am always compromising.

We even work together. We get two 15 minute breaks and one hour long lunch, and he spends all of them with his friends. I get a kiss now and then in passing so I guess it's not like he ignores me. He even changed his days off to match one of his friends.

He wants me to come with when he hangs out with his buddies, which I do sometimes even though it's not a lot of fun for me (they drink and play video games and watch wrestling and I don't really do any of those things) but when I go to my mom's, he refuses to go because it's boring for him.

Basically I feel like we don't click and am wondering if marrying him was a mistake. He says he loves me more than anything, but I don't feel it. Am I overreacting and nitpicking like he says?

Please help me.

Comments (18)

Sponsored