SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

Two firm no bake cheesecakes, pudding-free :-)

colleenoz
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Please note- amounts in oz are _by weight_, not by measuring cup fluid oz. I have provided a reasonably close conversion but I suspect if you just used 1 lb of cream cheese it would be OK, or if you used 3 oz butter instead of 2 1/2 or a whole 8oz bar of white chocolate it would also be OK.

Also note- when making cheesecakes it is best to put the base plate in so that the flat surface is uppermost - this makes it easier to get out of the pan (I have found some people don't know this)

Lemon Cheesecake

4 tablesp water

3 tsp gelatine

3 eggs, separated (or use whatever pasturised egg products you would use)

finely grated rind and juice of two medium to large lemons

1/2 cup sugar

500g/1lb 2oz cream cheese

2/3 cup heavy cream, whipped

Base:

125g/4oz plain cookies, crushed

2 tablesp brown sugar

60g/2 oz butter, melted

Grease and line a 20cm/8" springform tin. Bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften.

Place water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over it. Microwave until dissolved. Keep warm so it stays fluid.

Beat the egg yolks, lemon rind and juice, and sugar until pale and frothy. Whisk in the gelatine. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and gradually beat in the lemon mixture. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the lemon/cream cheese mixture along with the whipped cream. Pour into the prepared tine while you make the base.

Combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Sprinkle lightly over the surface of the cheesecake and pat lightly to firm. Return to the refrigerator and chill several hours. Invert onto a serving plate and garnish with whipped cream and fruit.

White Chocolate and Berry Cheesecake

Bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften.

1 1/4 cups crushed cookies (I like to use plain chocolate (ie not filled, like Oreos, though I
suppose you could scrape out the filling if that's all you could get)

75g/2 1/2 oz butter, melted

Combine and press firmly into the bottom of a greased and lined (on the sides only) 20cm/8" springform tin.

500g/ 1lb 2oz cream cheese

3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp grated lemon rind

2 tsp gelatine

1/4 cup water

200g/6 1/2 oz white chocolate, melted

1 cup cream

1/2 cup frozen berries (I usually use raspberries as they are DH's favourite)

More berries to garnish

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Place water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over it. Microwave until dissolved. Beat into the cream cheese along with the lemon rind. Next beat in the melted white chocolate and the cream, then fold in the berries. Pour into the prepared tin.

I like to cover the whole top with circles of frozen berries, but please yourself :-)

Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.

Enjoy!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012