SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vishketan

Please help me color coordinate

7 years ago

Story so far: We are remodeling a 15' x 12' wide galley kitchen. Thanks to tons of help from this forum we have zeroed in on the layout (see below).

All the appliances are stainless steel (capital range, miele dishwasher and refrigerator, modernaire hood), and the cabinets will be from Barker cabinets.

Based on feedback from this forum and also the opinion of my DW, we are thinking about going with hardwood flooring [this decision is not set in stone, and we can be talked out of it]. If we go with hardwood, then it would make sense to coordinate the floor color with the flooring in adjacent rooms which is honey oak.

I know that this forum loves its white cabinets but I am in love with stained wood. The two wood species we are considering are Walnut and Sapele. Barker offers three stain choices: clearcoat, tamarack, and espresso.

The look we are going for is somewhat contemporary, transitional, with
clean lines. So the cabinets will have flat drawer fronts.

I have created a collage with the appliances, floor, and two choices of wood species.

1. Please help me pick a wood species and stain that would go well with the floor and appliances.

2. What countertop, backsplash, and drawer pulls would you suggest to go with the above choice? I haven't made up my mind about the countertop material. I don't want something that requires high maintenance like marble. Other than that, anything durable that would work in a kitchen where lots of cooking is happening is fair game.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comments (15)