SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Please Help Me with BM Paint Coordination

enduring
12 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider this post.

I am remodeling my bathroom and am going for a quiet look. My house is a little 20's non descript one story farm house. I am going to keep the 20's vibe. Not strictly though.

I want help with my color selection combination.

There will be a 4.5' wainscot. I have very white 4x4 field tile, a baseboard tile, & a chair rail to create this wainscot. There will be a 6" listello of marble 2x4 in running bond, just below the chair rail. The ceilings are 7', kind of a cute height. I am going for an old fashioned seaside spa look :) This room has one east facing window. It is a fairly bright room for the most part. With the white tile it should stay fairly bright I would think.

Other finishes will be:

1. chrome faucets and sconces. Have not decided on color of mirror dark or chrome.

2. Soapstone counter and sink with veining that will be a mossy green mixed in with white and of course the base color of dark gray.

3. Blackish slate flooring.

4. Kohler cast iron tub in Sea Salt. A basically white finish with depths of cream. Looks fabulous with my marble listello and the soapstone veining.

5. The marble has tiles that are rather a mix of very soft colors - gray, whitish, tannish, extremely light green, striated of all colors. Many of the tiles almost look like a white onyx.

As I played around with illustrator drawing up 2 of my walls I settled on these colors as in the drawing. I realize that computer screens are different. I know that if I printed this out, that the color would be different, it always is :/

Sink wall:

{{!gwi}}

Toilet wall:

{{!gwi}}

I like the layering of these pastels but would like your input. Especially if you have experience with these choices.

I have not determined where these choices will go but here are my ideas. These are all BM colors:

1. misty memories

2. beacon gray

3. sea life

4. sweet innocence (opps not on picture)

5. seashell (BM OC-120) not on pic but is an off white, use as accessory color - as in objects in the room.

Swatches that might work:

{{!gwi}}

What do you think of using 3 pastels in one room - one for the walls, one for the sink base, and one for the other built in cabinets. Then a 4th color that will be a deep intense color for the cabinet next to the toilet. The drawn images I hope sort of show what I am talking about.

I hope I've caught someones attention with all this color talk!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting