SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
townlakecakes

Cabinet layout OK, need help with drop zone details please!

townlakecakes
7 years ago

I'm attaching a closeup layout of the entrance to the kitchen from the driveway. Walking in the door, to the right is the pantry and to the left is the entrance to the laundry room. Inside the laundry room is the entrance to the powder room. We are changing the outswinging bathroom door to a pocket door. My original plan had a shallow cabinet just inside the door as a drop zone. It's now been downgraded to hooks for guests jackets and purses (we're in Houston so heavy coats are a rarity.) We are considering removing the laundry room door and using the space behind it as our "mud room" with 12" deep cubbies for the 2 kids. Should we have a space for guests' things there and push the kids things down a few feet? And what should we do with the space to the right of the back door? Leave any space for anything? The door opens to the left so that's not a concern? Extra pantry space would be appreciated, but not if the cost is a cramped entry. I'll have precious little empty wall space, so a place for art would be welcome too. Any ideas or recommendations are welcome!!!!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm