SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwfromny

Cement Backsplash Placement?

lwfromny
7 years ago

I am strongly considering using a large scale pattern cement backsplash. Each tile is 8x8 and one full pattern is 16x16. The tile I like best is picture 1 below. My question: wall is 18" - how do I handle the remaining 2"? I've seen some people put the full pattern at the bottom so it shows best (as in the first photo), some people put a 2" filler tile underneath (as in 2nd photo). I assume some people center the tile with 1" under and over, but I can't find any photos of that in a 16" scale pattern. Picture 3 would be similar but I think that must be a 16" backsplash because the pattern fits perfectly. I have had mixed input from tile suppliers. The third picture obviously looks the best but that's not happening in my space. Picture 2 looks good to me, but the last thing I need is to have to find a spacer that works. As an FYI, my cabinets are pale gray and my countertop is white (Cambria Weybourne) The kitchen is at the end of a long open space so you see the backsplash from far away in the house. Advice appreciated - thanks!

Chestnut Street · More Info

Comments (13)