SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hula1974

Opinions on where to backsplash placement please.

hula1974
2 years ago

I'm really confused at where to start/stop the backsplash and I need to be prepared when the question comes up from the contractor. I've read lots of guidelines but there seem to be more exceptions than rules since there many unique situations.

I'm attaching a photo for a starting point in discussion but I'm not convinced I've placed it correctly. And I'm using a mock up from one of the cabinet companies so I tweaked a few things. A few places to note:

1) the pantry cabinet in an inch or two shy of filling the wall to the window. We will be offsetting the 2 uppers on the left side so that the same amont of wall space exists there too. You can see little slivers of wall.

2) The base cabinets will not be flush with the doorway on the left end (again, just a few inches shy).

3) That area of base cabinets has no uppers to match, this is where our tall coffee maker is going (in case that changes your opinion on the need for a backsplash there). We will likely hang art above it.

4) I'm showing shades that are interior mounted but I was thinking that maybe they should be above the window instead because of the height of the cabinets. I think I prefer the look but I'm concerned about hanging a curtain rod where one end of it has to drill into the tile (is this a concern?)

If you've read this far, thank you!!

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio