SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Windows update problems

jane__ny
7 years ago

This is just an annoying problem which I had asked about previously. The suggestions worked, however I wonder if there is something I can do to prevent this from happening each time there is an update.

Everytime I receive Windows updates, I shutter as I know it will take me multiple hard shut downs to get them to install.

I usually let them install when I am through for the night and let them do their thing. Each morning it takes almost 1/2 hour or longer to get the computer to work.

Win10, Dell laptop, all scans negative, no other problems except this.

When an update needs to install, it appears to download properly. It then shuts itself off. Next day, when I attempt to turn the computer on, I get the Dell logo with a spinning circle which will go on for days if I let it.

I asked for help about a year ago, Mikie seemed to know what I was describing and told me to do a hard shutdown, holding the power button for 10 seconds and shutting it down.

This does work but I need to do this repeatedly over a 1/2 hour to longer to get the updates installed. Very frustrating when I have work to do and have to keep shutting the computer off and on.

This only happens with Windows updates. Nothing else.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Jane

Comments (19)