SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

? for Ingrid or others in CA: how tall did lanky Yves Piaget get?

Hi Ingrid! I hope you can help me. You don't have Yves Piaget anymore right? But I remember your full bush photos from this post (again... thank you so much for those!) http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/1709786/rose-bush-shots-for-the-interested-second-try

I'm prepared for his lanky growth in CA by either tying him around an obelisk support, a trellis or tying him laterally against a wall or fence. Hopefully this will solve his lanky growth in CA and help him to bloom even more, but I'm having trouble deciding which of these to do because I'm not sure how tall he will get with that lanky growth.

So when you did have him... do you remember how tall he got?

I have seen photos all over the map, from just 4 feet to well over 7, with upright growth, a pretty globular bush, and also lanky growth... so I'm thinking this one's growth habit really depends on climate.

I have never seen it in person, somehow missed it at rose gardens where it is displayed in my area, so I'm flying blind. I have 2 pre-orders that I'm picking up from a local nursery this week. :)

My initial thought is to tie it laterally to an eastern facing stone wall that's about 4-5 feet high. In this space, each one could spread out laterally about 10 feet if they wanted. They would get afternoon shade so they wouldn't fade or blow so fast. But if they shot up canes to 7 feet it might not be the right spot. I could probabaly work with 5-6 feet.

Although I'm directing this to Ingrid... Please anyone in hot and dry parts of CA feel free to chime in!

Thank you to all!

Comments (44)