SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

My visit with Ingrid

Lisa Adams
6 years ago

This afternoon, I finally made it over to Ingrid and Cecil’s place. We had had a lovely time, I did anyway. It was wonderful to see the roses, garden, and views in person, after seeing them in her pictures. What a special, private retreat they have there! The vast open space was a sight to behold.

Ingrid was such a gracious hostess and I felt like we had known each other for years, in a way, we have. She had baked a delicious blueberry cheesecake dessert, and I had a difficult time turning down a second piece. Cecil was also a friendly, warm man. He looked like he was feeling well, and cheerfully dug up the two roses that Ingrid so kindly gave me. Here he is digging up ‘Wild Edric’.

I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wish I had, but we were busy talking a mile a minute. There were certainly no awkward silences:)

I think most of you will recognize Ingrid’s trademark frog in this photo, and perhaps a couple others, as well.

I know I should have taken more pictures. I did manage to to take one of her impressive Souvenir de la Malmaison. It was just gorgeous!

It was wonderful meeting both of them, and I’m thrilled to finally have Annie Laurie McDowell, along with Wild Edric! Thank you so VERY much, Ingrid. I really enjoyed our time together. Oh, and I really enjoyed Jason, too. He’s a sweetheart! Lisa

Comments (45)

• HY aka NewbieRoseLover
    6 years ago

Oh! So nice to see you both in pictures (and how lovely that you could meet in person!). I've only been on the forum a short time but I already feel like you're "real" friends :-) And that SdlM bush is GORGEOUS!!!

~ HY

Lisa Adams thanked HY aka NewbieRoseLover
  • Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    6 years ago

I am so glad to see this worked out after all the planning. Love the photos. I am always thinking of Ingrid as a rose, so I was a little surprised to see a red sweater, but then I was able to cope. Love you two together with Cecil and his shovel. The SdlM and sea lavender are fantastic too.

Lisa Adams thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • Related Discussions

For Ingrid, a few garden photos

Q

Comments (14)
    Hey thanks Dana, I'll try to name them anything that's prominent in the photos. In the top photo the front 3 things are all natives. The hot pink on the left is my favorite, desert penstemon (pseudospectabilis). Next the blue is Rocky Mountain penstemon (strictus). I'm not giving the Latin names to be hoity toity, it's just that many penstemons have lots of common names, so if your looking for something in particular you need to know the Latin one. The orange is something I purchase as cushion globemallow, but it doesn't match the description of low growing. I think it might be Sphaeralcea grossulariifolia or munroana. Sorry if this is too much information. The white on the is snow in summer, to the left of it is nepeta mussinii. It reseeds everywhere, irrigated areas and not. The pink to the left of it is rock soapwort. The porch photo has May Night salvia at the bottom left of the steps. This re-seeds like crazy and that is a seedling. There's more rock soapwort on the far right of the picture. The scarlet in the path is firecracker penstemon (eatonii) a native. The purply flowered mats in the path are red creeping thyme. In the Jeri Jennings photo are Yaku Jima maiden grass and some of that grey is lambs ears. In front of the grass is baptisia that is not yet blooming. The Constance Spry photo- The purple is Dames Rocket past its peak (another re-seeder). The green leafy plant on the left of the photo is nepeta sibirica. It started blooming just as Constance was finishing. The low green leaves are from a phlomis russeliana which I'm still waiting to see yellow blooms on. The grey is an artemesia. I can't remember the variety but it is a common one. In the old roses photo is more dames rocket and clematis Mme le Coultre. And finally in the orange photo, the pale green vine is golden hops. To the left of Pat Austin is 'Arp' rosemary, to the right is agastache rupestris which will be blooming orange by the end of this month. The blue is 'Johnson's Blue' geranium, and to the right of that is more Rocky Mountain penstemon. Cheers, Barb PS Ingrid, I wasn't sure what you meant by the wall. Did you mean the boulders with sedum in my photobucket album? If so I'll upload a more current picture.
    ...See More

For Ingrid, et al. Photos from Robert's Garden

Q

Comments (27)
    Thank you Robert for such wonderful photos and for sharing your technique in using re-bar. We've grown a Rambler on re-bar for years and kept it to c. 8 feet tall. Luxrosa
    ...See More

my brother's orchids from my visit/vacation in NYC

Q

Comments (4)
    Aww, thanks Calvin, Triciami and Jane! Calvin, little wonder you can't take the risk. The hundreds and hundreds of available phals are not at all like your once in a lifetime rare jewels of orchids, LOL! and just like rare gems they are only up for a rare specialized display instead of "costume jewelry flaunts" hahahaha! Jane, I am also jealous of what is behind those kitchen cabinets too! All this cooking equipment and cutlery to die for! His knives are from a famous Japanese producer of samurai swords, hahaha! Sheesh! I want that cutlery!!!! LOL!
    ...See More

Hi, Ingrid. This is where my garden is at in Winter.

Q

Comments (31)
    We tried the fishing line, too. We used the fishing line to string between posts that surrounded our garden to form a fence of a sort. The theory is that the deer will feel but not see it and be spooked, discouraging them from going into the garden area. We put up several levels so that deer, whether small or large. would hit a line if they tried to walk through, crawl under or jump. For a couple weeks it did seem to stop them but within a month the deer had it figured out and had no problem going under, over or through. This summer was long and hot and we did have a drought. This added to the pressure already there from habitat destruction due to a construction boom from people moving here from out of state. If the deer could find plenty of food and water elsewhere it might have been more effective.
    ...See More
  • User
    6 years ago

What a great day you had... and who could resist a 2nd helping of Cheesecake..

You both look great.. although for some reason I was under the impression you had met up before, maybe I got that wrong.... good to see Ingrid's husband out and about again, keeping up the good work I hope..

Can I also say that I like the mulch on top of that soil...

Lisa Adams thanked User
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    6 years ago

That is so cool . I love the pics Ingrid, Lisa and Cecil. Oh, I just wish I was there. I feel as if I know some of you guys already.

Ingrid, I absolutely love your place on a hill top. I can just imagine . Where is my cheesecake?..hahahaha

The rose bushes looks beautiful. And I see one of them has a huge deep root..wow!

I am getting ready to go and meet Malcolm Manners. I am running an hour behind. Jumping in showers and heading out soon.

Jin

Lisa Adams thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland
    6 years ago

Omg you guys are so cute! I love the pic! And Cecil too :). What a fun day and beautiful roses and gardens.

Lisa Adams thanked Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland
  • Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Thanks, all. I really had a wonderful time. Ingrid also gave me a fat stack of rose books, that she was finished with. I was delighted to find that I had only one of them, already. I’ve got some wonderful new reading material!

Marlorena, I actually DID resist that second piece of dessert, but it wasn’t easy! I have a mighty sweet tooth, and had I been home alone with it, I surely would have eaten a second piece. It was delicious! This was in fact, our first meeting. We had so many cancellations it was almost comical, or it would have been, except that most were due to illness. Some where minor, some were major,(Cecil’s in particular), so many visits were postponed. Yesterday we finally dit it, although my son left his car blocking me in the garage, so I was late. The kid took the keys with him, and left. I had to track him down and await his return before I could leave.

I took a few cuttings of Ingrid’s ‘Potter and Moore’, yesterday. Of course, I’m no expert at rooting cuttings and it had recently been pruned, so we’ll see if I’m successful. If not, perhaps she will allow me to try again with canes that have recently bloomed.

Ingrid was exactly what and who I had thought she would be. We had spoken on the phone several times, and emailed back and forth many times, already. She’s soft spoken and kind. She’s gentle and pretty. I found her easy to talk with.

I did take a few pictures of one of her ‘La Vesuve’s’ for Jin. I’m not the best at taking photos. I can’t compete with Ingrid’s photography skills, but here is one of her lovely La Vesuve’s.

And my blurry bloom shot. Lisa

• Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Jin, you have fun today, and learn lots! Pictures please! Lisa

• monarda_gw
    6 years ago

Souvenir de la Malmaison really lives up to her name as "The Queen of Beauty and Fragrance" in that picture (of beauty, at least, since you have to imagine the fragrance).

Lisa Adams thanked monarda_gw
  • Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I know, Monarda! Ingrid often writes about how slow her roses are to establish and bloom, and how much quicker mine are, just miles away. I saw with Souvenir de la Malmaison that this isn’t always the case. My Souvenir de la Malmaison hasn’t grown much. I was startled to see the size of even the younger of her two. I thought I was doing mine a favor by giving it some afternoon shade, but perhaps she doesn’t like it. Mine isn’t that much younger than Ingrid’s younger one, yet hers is enormous compared to mine. Mine may need moving. Hers were both clearly happier than mine is. I didn’t even recognize the large one at first because of its size. Mine is tiny and low to the ground. Hers were incredible! Lisa

• titian1 10b Sydney
    6 years ago

How nice that the two of you have finally met. I am quite envious. And Cecil seems to have gained some much needed weight......I hope so.

Thanks for the photos, Lisa. It is a pleasure to be able to join in your day, even at a distance.

Trish

Lisa Adams thanked titian1 10b Sydney
  • Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ingrid, you know that’s sheer nonsense. You look great! We are own harshest critics, and I found something wrong with my appearance in every single picture Cecil took, yesterday. You’re lovely, inside and out, and there’s nothing awful looking about you. Nothing awful in that photo, and nothing awful in real life. Plus, I had extra time to kill, thanks to my son blocking my car in the garage. I spent it primping my hair and such, since I was already ready and only realized I was blocked in when I hit the remote button for the garage door. I didn’t want to do any work to get dirty while waiting for him to come home with his keys to move his car. I used the extra time to “paint” my face, and such things. It doesn’t matter what people look like on the outside, anyway. I know that sounds hypocritical coming from someone who just said she “used the extra time to primp.” It stems from being my own harshest critic. I really should get over that “double standard”. I don’t judge others by their looks, why am I so harsh on myself? Ah well, sorry I went WAY OT here.

There really were more blooms than I expected to see at Ingrid’s place, yesterday. I had hoped to bring a bouquet of roses from varieties that she didn’t have. I didn’t even have enough of any rose to tuck in with the annuals and perennials I made do with. Between pruning and being between flushes, I’m pretty rose bloom poor, right now. Ingrid had quite a few, really. Her ‘Aunt Margy’s rose was adorable! It had a few blooms, and they stole my heart! Lisa

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    6 years ago

I am so glad that your DH is doing better, Ingrid. It is great that you all were able to meet. I agree with Dingo2001's comment that you all are so cute!!

Lisa Adams thanked Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
  • titian1 10b Sydney
    6 years ago

I thought you both looked lovely, too!

Lisa Adams thanked titian1 10b Sydney
  • lavenderlacezone8
    6 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful day! So happy that Ingrid's DH is feeling better and agree with everybody else that you are both adorable!

Lisa Adams thanked lavenderlacezone8
    6 years ago

Ingrid, being petite as you are is adorable! Lisa is lovely being tall too. Next visit, stand on a stool behind a sea Lavender next to Lisa, and you can be tall and elegant too. I know at 5-2 I'm not in demand on the modeling circuit either. Both husbands (one died) have been 6-5 too which didn't help much.

• Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I was treated to a tour of the inside of the house, as well. Ingrid has quite the touch for interior decorating. Everything was so beautiful and arranged with an expert eye for such things. I don’t have that touch myself, but I know it when I see it. Cecil looked better to me too, and I thought it was a great sign that he was able to dig up the two roses without difficulty. I didn’t realize he was an artist. The house had beautiful paintings hung about, some painted by Cecil himself! I was very impressed!

It is neat to see two familiar posters together in a photo. I’ve seen one before of when two others got together. Melissa? Daisy? Anna-Lyssa? I’m sorry my memory isn’t very good these days. I do remember how much I enjoyed seeing and reading about it, though. Lisa

6 years ago

It is really frankly great that people like you two lovely women exist. I need a bit of uplift in light of some of the less positive role models we see in our country. Here's hoping for more people like you two.

6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Haha, Sheila, you are cheeky and cute. I cannot imgaine Ingrid standing on a stool. Maybe she might if I am there....hahaha. I wonder who is taller Lisa or me. Lol

I still where heels inspite on my height.

Ingrid looks beautiful and so do Lisa.

Jin

• Sarah Shoffner
    6 years ago

Lisa that bouquet you brought Ingrid is lovely!! It’s one of my favorite things when I visit you...the gorgeous bouquet that always greets me in the guest room:) I see how much you love and care for people through the flowers that you give them! -Sarah

Lisa Adams thanked Sarah Shoffner
  • Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
    6 years ago

I loved seeing these pictures of Ingrid, Cecil, and you Lisa! And I agree about Ingrid's SDLM. It's hard to believe that picture was taken in late winter!!

Lisa Adams thanked Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    6 years ago

You're all being so kind and sweet, hugs to everyone. Thank you also for mentioning Cecil; he is actually doing quite well.

Lisa, I'm so mad at myself because I meant to send the rest of the cake home with you and then, with my mind on other things at the end, I forgot all about it. So frustrating!

I do want to mention that the lovely Lisa was wearing the most awesome shoes, which however had heels! Just saying.....

Sheila, I'm trying to imagine you being married to someone 6'5 tall and it's just not working. I'm so glad Cecil is short because I have a bad neck and not having to look up far has been a blessing. Otherwise I think I'd be in a neck brace by now.

I'm already looking forward to seeing Lisa's garden in the spring. She has a lot more roses than I do, including ones I've never seen before, and it's going to be such fun, not to mention meeting her adorable kitties. I'm considering wearing heels, though!

Lisa Adams thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • Karen Jurgensen (Zone 4 MN)
    6 years ago

What a fun visit! Thanks for sharing with us, I love living vicariously through our forum members. What a gorgeous home you have Ingrid! We don't get much of the spanish styling here in the Midwest, but I really enjoy looking at it. Also GREEEEEEEN! FLOWERS!!! We just got another 5" of snow yesterday. Hoar frost is pretty [in December] but I'm just so tired of white. Your pictures provide a much needed respite from what outside my windows right now!

Lisa Adams thanked Karen Jurgensen (Zone 4 MN)
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    6 years ago

Thank you for sharing your day. What fun to finally meet and cheese cake to boot. You both look fabulous. Rose growers have a beautiful glow that seems to eminate from with in. Good hearted and generous.

Ingrid I am so glad that your husband is feeling stronger.

Lisa Adams thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I’m glad we could brighten your day, Sheila! Jin, we’ve already discovered that you’re even taller than I am! I’m 5’7”, and my booties DID have a heel on them. My daughter is 5’2”, and I always think it’s adorable, like it’s somehow feminine and darling. We always admire what we don’t have don’t we? That holds true in the garden, and everywhere else, it seems.

Sarah, that’s so sweet of you to say! I just love you, my special bonus gift of a daughter! You know how I love to pick flowers. I do hope that the little bouquet I brought Ingrid lasted. I added those snowflakes,(Leucojum aestivum ‘Gravetye Giant’) to the mix. I know not to add Narcissus(Daffodils) to a mixed bouquet unless I’ve preconditioned them in water for 24 hours after cutting, before mixing them with other flowers. They apparently exude some sort of sap that wilts the other blooms in the bouquet. I’m unsure if snowflakes do the same thing. I surely hope not. Ingrid, if your bouquet wilted overnight except for the snowflakes, I’d love to hear about it. That way I won’t make that mistake again!

Ingrid, honestly I’m glad that you forgot to send any cheesecake home with me. With no one home but me all weekend, I would have eaten it for dinner! I can’t be trusted around baked goods. I feel some burning in my feet after eating too much sugar. Although my Dr. insists it’s unrelated, I disagree. I’ve noticed it too often. That’s actually a major reason I turned down a second piece. Truly, it was for the best that I didn’t take any home. I love to bake, but I try to send it away with my family so I don’t eat it all. When it’s in the house, the temptation is too much for me:) That delicious cheesecake dessert would have been calling my name from the refrigerator until it was no more. Trust me, you did me favor!

Your welcome and thank you, Kristine. I think you can tell, we had a lovely visit. Today I’m going to try to plant the precious roses from Ingrid! Although the roses were the reason for the visit in the first place, as precious as they are, they didn’t feel like the main focus of our visit. Don’t get me wrong, Annie Laurie McDowell is/was my “unicorn rose. Wild Edric is a rarity nowhere to be found for purchase, and I’m grateful and thrilled with Ingrid’s generous gifts. It was getting to hug Ingrid, and spend time chatting with her that was so special about our visit. I felt like I was visiting an old friend that I hadn’t seen in a while. THAT was my favorite part, and now these two special roses mean all the more to me. They mean so much more coming from Ingrid after our visit, than if I’d purchased them after being on a waiting list somewhere for years. Now I have my special roses and a memory of our visit to go with them. I’ll think of Ingrid every time I tend to them. I’m the sappy sentimental type. These roses have increased in value a hundred times over, considering their source. Lisa

• cathz6
    6 years ago

Lisa, daffodils, poppies and hellebores can be mixed with other cut flowers if you flame the cut ends with a match before putting them in water. It has to be done thoroughly enough to seal the cut surfaces so that sap (goo) does not ooze out. I have had variable success depending on how patiently I have done the flaming.

Cath

Lisa Adams thanked cathz6
  • Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you, so much for telling me that Cath! I’ve always seared poppies, but I thought daffodils had to sit in water overnight. The flaming will be so much easier for me because I often need to recut things at different lengths as I add them to the arrangements. Plus, this eliminates the need to cut some flowers 24 hours in advance. I’m a “last minute” person, so I often skip certain blooms because I haven’t let them “drain their sap” for 24 hours in a separate container. I’m going to save your comment, so I’ll remember. Now your comment raises a new issue. I added hellebores to Ingrid’s bouquet, not many, but about 4 stems. I didn’t do anything to them at all:( I'm worried about her bouquet for sure, now. I’m sorry, Ingrid. I don’t usually add hellebores to my bouquets, but these fit in with the colors, and they were blooming. I feel so bad. I didn’t realize that hellebores ruined other blooms if they weren’t prepared properly.

I’m very grateful to know about this, Cath. Thank you! Lisa

• cathz6
    6 years ago

Lisa, I'm not sure that hellebores ruin other blooms. I only know that they don't last long unless they are flamed/seared. They also seem to last longer if they are newly opened. Perhaps before they are pollinated? Like you the 24 hour wait would not work for me. The inspiration and the act have to be pretty close together.

Cath

Lisa Adams thanked cathz6
    6 years ago

Lisa, I put your beautiful bouquet outside overnight as you suggested and it still looks great today. After I was in bed I thought that might have been a mistake with rabbits, skunks and raccoons being nighttime visitors. Perhaps the fact that I placed them right by the door made the animals stay away. As delicate as these flowers look I'm surprised at how well they're holding up. Thank you again; they have brightened up my life.

• monarda_gw
    6 years ago

I do hope you'll treat us to some pictures of Wild Edric and Annie Laurie McDowell once they get settled and start blooming, Lisa. Thanks in advance.

• Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I think most of the hellebores were newly opened, so that’s a good thing. I’m very happy to hear that the bouquet has held up well, Ingrid.

Karen, you’re welcome. I don’t know how I missed your comment, except that sometimes I type half and then go do a bit of work, and then return an hour or two later to finish it. I think you might have been the one who said, “Get a selfie”. I’m glad you said that, because there’s every possibility I might have gone without taking a single photo! Nope, I just checked. It was Kristine who said that, but it was a good thing she did.

Monarda, I certainly will take pictures as they come along. For an entire year, I kept a spot open for Annie Laurie McDowell. I was just waiting for the day that special rose could be mine. I didn’t care how long it took, NOTHING was going in that lovely hole but ALMD. Every single time I asked one of my sons to plant a rose on the slope, they wanted to use that prepared hole. Finally Brandon got smart, and when he found out a rose needed to be planted on the slope, he no longer asked about that hole. He’d ask instead, “Is THIS your Annie Laurie something rose?” After all that I’ve changed my mind! With the new work in progress, some things have changed and Brandon recently removed my ‘Brilliant Pink Iceberg ‘. It was a good rose, and always blooming in part shade, but since I’ve recently received some really special roses, choices have to be made. I’m going to make this hole wider today, and this will be ALMD’s spot.

Somehow once I dragged her pot up the slope yesterday, and prepared to plant her, I couldn’t do it. I wanted this special rose closer to me and within easy reach. Now that the white wall is there, I can train her along wire between the posts. She’s thornless and fragrant. I stood on the slope with indecisiveness. I realized I would regret planting her where I couldn’t enjoy her up close easily. I dragged everything back down the slope. It does put me behind in planting, but I had added planting mix to containers and watered well. I think I’ll be much happier with my last minute change of plans. I just didn’t see the potential of that spot until the other rose was gone. I was so fixated on ALMD’s reserved spot, that I didn’t even consider another place for her. It’s a good thing our visit was postponed so many times. ALMD would have been up on the slope, where it takes effort to get to. I’m happy with this decision:) Lisa

• monarda_gw
    6 years ago

It is so great to be able do the moving around before you plant the rose bush. :) Best of luck!

• Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Indeed! It was enough work just bringing everything up the slope! I’m SO glad I didn’t go through with it, fickle creature that I am! L

6 years ago

Lisa, I'm glad it all worked out this way, where you finally know that you've got the perfect spot for ALMD. Having seen Brilliant Pink Iceberg, I think you did the right thing. A nice rose for the suburban gardener who wants a spot of color, but you're far beyond that. I had Burgundy Iceberg and liked it better, but then suddenly one year it got blackspot that not only did not go away, but it infected all the roses around it. Totally weird in my hot and dry garden, but that was when the drought really took hold and I think it weakened all the roses. Let's hope we get the rain we were promised this week so that out roses get a good start into the spring bloom.

• monarda_gw
    6 years ago

Oh, no! Burgundy Iceberg looks so alluring in pictures.

6 years ago

ALMD is going to look perfect with white fence and a perfect spot. You can sniff her and enjoy her blooms very much.

Great decision, Lisa.

I hope you guys will get some rain. I know it is so hot, just cross fingers, it will rain and lots of it.

Jin

6 years ago

Ingrid, I love your La Vesuve. It looks beautiful. And the color is so pink. I can only imagine the scent. I hope mine will grow. It is still in shock from heat and I was told to put it in direct sun by ARE. If it dies they will replace it since it was dormant and shipped out when they have a foot and a half of snow. They expect more going into shock..so now I am envy yours so much. It is beautiful.

Jin

6 years ago

Jin, like many of the tea roses Le Vesuve has no fragrance that I can detect. I'm willing to forgive that since I love tea roses and they have so many other good qualities.

monarda, BI is a lovely rose and did well for some years, so no reason for you not to try it. Most people don't have garden conditions as difficult as mine.

6 years ago

Lisa, just wanted you to know that your bouquet still looks lovely. It must be the cooler than usual temps and we don't have the heat on very high in the house, especially at night. This bouquet is the gift that keeps on giving!

• Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I’m so glad to hear that, Ingrid! My guess is that the pink sweet peas, ‘Snowflurry’ verbena and the blue forget-me-nots will drop first. The snowflakes, heirloom freesias, and hellebores should last a while. I can’t remember how long the feathery Nigella(love-in-a-mist), lasts. I’m glad they are still bringing you joy. I’ll take a picture of my new rose planting’s soon. I loved our rain last night! I hope you got a good soaking, too. Lisa

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    6 years ago

Ingrid your Souvenir de la Malmaison is so beautiful. I have had it on my list for a while but didn't realize how truly gorgous it could be.

I also love your bird figurines on the table next to the lovely flower bouquet Lisa brought.

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time and I am happy to hear Cecil is feeling better.

~Sjn

Lisa Adams thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    6 years ago

Hahaha..I wrote ALMD, I meant was SDLM...opps. silly me.

Ingrid get Tiffany rose.The Blooms are huge and smells really, really good. I am getting my hands on one. That rose is a beauty.

Jin

• portlandmysteryrose
    6 years ago

Lisa, thank you so much for sharing photos of your visit with Ingrid. How wonderful that you two kindred rose spirits live within driving distance and were able to connect in the three dimensional world and that you had a chance to meet Cecil...and savor blueberry cheesecake! I can see how you and Ingrid hit it off. Two bright, compassionate souls who make the world a better place. It's also great that you had a photo opportunity with Ingrid's famous frog. (Does it have a name?) I look forward to reading news as your newly adopted roses settle in. Carol

Lisa Adams thanked portlandmysteryrose
  • Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

You’re welcome, Carol. It was so nice actually meeting in person. I keep meaning to take pictures of the roses in their new home, but it seems like I only think of it at the wrong times. I’m either out there, dirty and phoneless , or it’s already dark out. It’raining now, so they are getting a nice drink. Lisa

• Krista_5NY
    6 years ago

Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures. Ingrid, your garden is as lovely as ever. I have a special fondness for CA landscapes and gardens.

Lisa Adams thanked Krista_5NY