Houzz Logo Print
merryworld

2016 Bookmark Exchange

9 years ago

Is anyone interested in doing this again this year? Did I miss the sign up thread? I'm happy to organize it.

Comments (54)

  • 9 years ago

    Me, too, please! Same info as last year :)


  • 9 years ago

    I'm in again and my info is unchanged. Thanks for organizing!

  • Related Discussions

    2000 Bookmark Exchange

    Q

    Comments (7)
    Minnie thanks for showing your bookmarks, those are cute, I always liked makeing them, makes a cute gift I could send with a birthday card to someone out of town,I save the pretty colored fall leaves and make cards and matching bookmark to send south where you dont get to see the pretty colors much. Hope others will see your post, sorry I dont have any photos of mine. Happy Crafting Oddie
    ...See More

    2014 Annual Bookmark Exchange

    Q

    Comments (19)
    I'm planning to send out bookmark exchange information tomorrow, Wednesday November 19th. If your address has changed since last year, please send me an email with the new information to rose folly at gmail.com (eliminate spaces). Here are the names I have. If I have accidentally left anyone out, please let me know. merryworld carolyn my donnamira rouan frances md sheriz6 siobhan 1 astrokath two big dogs christine a artiste 8 phaedosia yoyobon rosefolly Rosefolly
    ...See More

    Bookmark Exchange!

    Q

    Comments (3)
    Siobhan, Enjoy your holiday and congratulations on your new position! I was wondering if we would do the bookmark exchange this year but didn't want to pester you about it. Thanks for offering to be in charge of it Rosefolly. :)
    ...See More

    Annual holiday bookmark exchange

    Q

    Comments (38)
    Well, I'm the one who's embarrassingly late this year. [blush] I just wrote the cards and stuffed all the envelopes, so they will all be going out in tomorrow's mail. No homemade ones this year, but since I've started back to work half-time, I have access to the NASA bookmarks again. Enjoy! Apologies to those of you who receive them after Christmas!
    ...See More
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I meant to post this myself, but I kept forgetting. I would be delighted to have you do it this year. I would like to participate, and my mailing address has not changed. I should be accessible by email, by the same address as last year.

    Thank you, Merryworld!

  • 9 years ago

    Quick question, do all of you still have last year's list that Rosefolly sent out, or do you need me to send the address list to you?

  • 9 years ago

    Merryworld, I'll definitely need the list.

  • 9 years ago

    I will also need the list. Thank you!

  • 9 years ago

    I'm in.

    Same info as last year. THANKS!!

    PAM

  • 9 years ago

    Jus to be on the safe side, would you email the list to me again?


  • 9 years ago

    Oh, why not? Me, too. I have it saved somewhere but I'm not sure just where

  • 9 years ago

    I'd like to have a new list, too, please.

  • 9 years ago

    Ok everyone, message me your email addresses and I will send you the list of postal addresses. (Here's hoping the Houzz messaging works)

  • 9 years ago

    merryworld, I got a message saying my email to you was successfully sent.

  • 9 years ago

    Ok, I've sent the list to the five people who messaged me their email. Message me if you didn't get it and need it. Let the 2016 Holiday Bookmark Exchange begin!

  • 9 years ago

    Hi Merryworld. I didn't;t receive the list but I just sent you my email again in a message. Hopefully this will work!

  • 9 years ago

    Almeidaboys3, I've resent it and messaged you. Fingers crossed!

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks, I have it too. and today I went holiday card shopping


  • 9 years ago

    I just sent you my email address.


  • 9 years ago

    Oh, poor you, Siobhan! It's good to hear from you, and I hope you have a wonderful trip.

  • 9 years ago

    Have a safe and wonderful trip, Siobhan! There's always next year (perhaps ) for the bookmark exchange.

  • 9 years ago

    So glad you checked in Siobhan, I was worried since you're a regular participant! Have a wonderful trip and we'll catch you next year.

  • 9 years ago

    I think we should all send one to Siobhan anyhow... just because she has organized this exchange for so many years.

    PAM

  • 9 years ago

    Good idea, Pam.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I have sent everyone Siobhan's address, assuming it's the same as last year.

  • 9 years ago

    I just dropped mine in the mail this morning.

  • 9 years ago

    Mine are going out today -- I do enjoy this RP tradition!

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks all! The sad thing is that I actually purchased some bookmarks last summer with the thought of participating in this annual event. So I will be able to reciprocate, but it will be late.

    Australia is wonderful!

  • 9 years ago

    I got my first one today. Thanks, Yoyobon; very attractive.

  • 9 years ago

    Mine were sent out today. I hope you all get them and that they don't arrive postage due. I had them ready to take to the post office and I knew they were a little more than an ounce, so I was going to have them weighed and extra postage attached. But, my dear husband, thinking he was doing me a favor, slapped a Christmas stamp on them and threw them in the mailbox. Ah well, it's the though that counts. I just hope they all get delivered and I humbly apologize if they arrive postage due.


  • 9 years ago

    Mine have started to arrive as well; first Yoyobon's followed a day later by Sheri's. I have not opened them yet. I'll probably wait until I have them all.

  • 9 years ago

    Oh, you who wait to open them all together have more willpower than I! I mailed mine Thursday and have received three so far--duly opened and admired.

  • 9 years ago

    Good Morning! Mine have officially been dropped off at the post office this morning.

  • 9 years ago

    I've been opening them as they arrive -- no willpower here :) Merryworld, I received yours yesterday, no problem.

  • 9 years ago

    Wow, that was quick. I'm glad it got there without a problem. I, too have no will power and enjoy opening them as they arrive and hanging the cards up.

  • 9 years ago

    Siobhan, you were supposed to get home and be surprised! I thought Australia was so lovely, and I hope you are having the very best time.

    Mine are going out in the morning! I received some today and I am so HAPPY! Thank you all! The second best part is getting cards from friends. The best part is that I can use these gifts from all of you for YEARS to come and always think of all of you and RP.

    PAM


  • 9 years ago

    Merryworld, I got my card from you, too, with no request for additional postage and some others as well. This is so much fun.

  • 9 years ago

    Carolyn, I got yours today, too. Cute little owls! I'm so relieved mine are arriving without a problem, and I've loved all the ones I've received. I always look forward to this exchange every year.


  • 9 years ago

    Has anyone else noticed that cards in general are down the past few years? I actually heard from an old college friend not to send any this year since she has stopped herself. Sending cards was a bit of a chore, but I will be sorry to see this custom vanish altogether, as it might.

  • 9 years ago

    Rosefolly, yes, so far we've received fewer cards, even from businesses, though we just sent out about 450 for ours. They are expensive and time consuming so we limit ours to people we've done business with this year only. I also think that as friends and family age and children grow up, we are receiving few family picture cards and Christmas letters. One of my friends decided not to send Christmas cards and is sending New Year's cards instead.

  • 9 years ago

    Chiming in to say --- yes, I've noticed a distinct decline this year in cards received. And, I've also noticed people are sending cards later and later, when they do mail them. I, too, would be sorry to see this tradition disappear. It appears to me that many Americans are spending more time out in the malls in the "shop til you drop" mode during and prior to the holidays. Thus, less quiet time at home.

    I usually send about 40 Xmas cards myself yearly.

  • 9 years ago

    I get very few cards and this year never bought any because I had sufficient left over from last year to send to the people on my ever decreasing list! A sad thing that happens when you outlive so many friends and family.

    However I am gaining a new generation to buy gifts for. I now have six Great-grandchildren aged from nine to a few weeks old. I expect there will be more eventually with three more grandchildren reaching marriageable age soon!

  • 9 years ago

    Thank you to all those who sent me bookmarks.

    They are beautiful and the geisha is just amazing !


    As for cards.....I noticed many years back when the postage rates increased the card sending decreased. Also, I believe that with e-cards, facebook proclamations and tweeting and greeting, cards ( like so much else I value) are irrelevant. Sadly.

  • 9 years ago

    I have received (and opened) several cards so far. And...mine are going out in the mail tomorrow (Tuesday); I finally had a chance to sit down and address all the cards. I will miss this tradition if we stop doing it; it's always fun to open the cards and see what everyone comes up with.

  • 9 years ago

    It's funny that this topic of holiday cards came up because we were just discussing this in our office. We've even noticed a significant decline in the amount of cards we receive at work. Hopefully people and businesses will still value the tradition in the future.

    Also, thank you for the bookmarks I've received. I was trying to hold out until I received them all, but I just couldn't! It was a delight to open all of the card and bookmarks.

    Finally, I'm glad you like the geisha bookmarks that I sent. I always spend a lot of time trying to find a unique bookmark to send.

  • 9 years ago

    at long last, I have finally done all your bookmark cards! They should go in the mail tomorrow. Apologies for the delay! Now on to the rest of my christmas card list, or should I call it the new years card list...

  • 9 years ago

    I have just finished opening my bookmarks, except of course for Donnamira's which I am anticipating.

    Thank you all for bookmarks charming, clever, original, thoughtful, or any wonderful combination. This has become one of my favorite holiday traditions.


    Rosefolly

  • 9 years ago

    I agree with Rosefolly. Thank you all.

  • 9 years ago

    Thank you everyone! Just as Rosefolly said, this has become one of my favorite holiday traditions, too. Happy New Year!

  • 9 years ago

    I thank you all as well. I, too, agree with Rosefolly, that this is one of my favorite holiday traditions. I have way more bookmarks than I will probably ever use but I like to go through them now and then and choose a different set to use. As most of them are marked with the name (and year ) of whomever sent them, it gives me a pleasant trip down memory lane each time I do this.

  • 9 years ago

    I also wish to pas along my thanks as well. I agree with everyone else's sentiments that this has become a favorite and beloved tradition.