SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Autumn/Winter Laundry

mamapinky0
7 years ago

Its that time of year kids for many of us to remove our wool, knits, and winter duvets from their too short summer break. (this excludes our Larsi who lives in summer weather all year lol) Depending on how you stored yours over the past 5 months you may need to do a *Freshening Up* bath.

Remember much of these fabric types can not tolorate enzymes, so nows the time to stock up on your down and wool wash.

I live in Pennsylvania where stink bugs reign supreme so my goal this week-end is to turn everything right side as I store things inside out ( cray-cray I know) and give them a good shake. I will start with the boys and they will get a Freshening Up wash, using liquid ALL F&C as it has no enzymes ( except the jug marked with oxi)

I won't get to the winter duvets until later next week. My detergent choices for duvets are slim, lol..most Iimportant is no enzymes. I could use the ALLF&C, but will probably use a Purex without enzymes. Too bad I'm out of STPP as that in the first rinse really removes all residue which is great for duvets that can be hard to rinse.

I don't have a wool cycle and gentle/delicate is still to much movement for wool, so guess the wool will soak in the tub and than go into the machine for a final spin, this is generally how I do wool.

I will do Lily's (dog) wool blanket today though...I use a throw size wool blanket stuffed into a handmade cotton duvet cover for her, very breathable yet toasty warm I will use ALL F&C for hers as dogs shouldn't have scented blankets.

Have you unpacked your cold weather textiles yet?

Comments (11)