SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19699346

Autumn-Winter Brug Care

User
11 years ago

Evening Brug buddies. Hope everyone's doing well. I have a potted 6ft tall Brugmansia Suaveolens which also has a 4 ft baby Brug growing alongside it in the same pot. Both have bloomed twice this yr. Now that my weather has turned cooler (70's in the daytime with low humidity & 50's at night), I was wondering if any of you could kindly advise me what steps I need to take now in order to prepare my Brugs before the first frost? Last month they put out quite a nice flush of flowers but this month I've only got 4 blooms. There are tons of tiny buds on them but some of them dried up & fell off before they even had a chance to grow. Some emerging leaves have developed an alligator like appearance to them after I gave them their usual dose of fertilizer for the week so I'm guessing it's too much for them now & I should cease giving the Brugs any fertilizer now (?). How should I store these things for winter since the pot itself is way too heavy for me to lift into the house & the Brugs are too big to fit through my doors? I don't have a garage or basement, only a shed. Can I put them in the shed over the winter with heavy mulching in the pot as well as heavy duty frost cloth wrapped around the branches or is it best to try & get it in the house? Also, are there any insecticides/fungicides I can use now to try to thwart any problems that might be lurking before my Brugs go dormant? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks tremendously for your help.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH