SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

Paint color ideas for tiny powder room with newish flooring I regret

purrus
7 years ago

So this floor was our first real remodeling act in this house and I'm sorry to say that my vision for it just wasn't in line yet. I gravitate toward black and white and creams (to the extreme), plus gray--we have SW amazing gray on almost all of our walls.

Anyway, this flooring is marble, so I am not really going to rip it out anytime soon. While it is a beautiful tile in its own right (it is marble after all and I have an appreciation for it for that reason alone), I was very busy when this was going on and didn't get to inspect the actual tiles themselves before installation, which were quite a bit different from what I saw at the Tile Shop--much more rust, orange, and brown than the cream and gray I saw in the store. I really dislike the warm tones and lack of opportunity it gives for my truest design loves, black and white or black and cream. :( I also despise the totally blah and ho-hum color on the wall right now. My pictures don't really capture it, but it's basically a beige color I don't know why I picked it.

All I can really do is paint; we are wiped out financially from our latest bathroom renovation, about which I've posted quite extensively! any thoughts on what to do with this in terms of a better paint color? Maybe I just need some new eyeballs to look at it and tell me there are possibilities I'm not seeing. Could a richer color work?

(also there is no natural light in the room; my pictures are not great because I was in a rush, but I can take better ones later.) below you see wall damage from a shelf I attempted to install while I was in labor that fell down about a year later...ha ha ha! I digress.

Comments (46)